How to communicate between PUA and Presence server?

How to communicate between PUA and Presence server?

vasant j
Hi All,

         I have added PUA support to Opensips and running as PUA
server.I have also configured Presence server and running in different
machine.

My question is "How to communicate between two servers(PUA and
Presence) if i run in different machines".Kindly tell me how to
interface the two servers.

I want to see the traces of information happening between the two servers.

Waiting for your replies.......

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
vasant

Re: How to communicate between PUA and Presence server?

Anca Vamanu
Hi Vasant,

The pua server communicates through SIP messages with presence server.
Depending on the pua_* application you are using, you will have
SUBSCRIBE or PUBLISH messages being sent from pua to presence server.
If you are using 1.4_X, you can not set the address at which the
messages will be sent( the address of the presence server). So the
messages will be sent to the address of your proxy ( doing srv lookup)
and to the default port 5060. This is if you don;t add a processing rule
on local route in you configuration file. The local route will be called
for messages sent by the proxy, so here you can set the destination address.
In the trunk version on svn you can define a presence_server parameter
with the address of the presence server.

regards,
Anca

vasant j wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>          I have added PUA support to Opensips and running as PUA
> server.I have also configured Presence server and running in different
> machine.
>
> My question is "How to communicate between two servers(PUA and
> Presence) if i run in different machines".Kindly tell me how to
> interface the two servers.
>
> I want to see the traces of information happening between the two servers.
>
> Waiting for your replies.......
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> vasant

anca.vcf (219 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: How to communicate between PUA and Presence server?

Schumann Sebastian
Hi,

pua parameter outbound_proxy helped for me
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/pua.html#id2513540

Sebastian

The outbound_proxy parameter value is indeed used as an outbound proxy
for Publish messages sent with pua module. You can use this to direct
the Publish messages towards the presence server.

Anca