How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
Hi, I compile OpenSIPS with TLS=1 using "make deb".

Later, I modify a module source and want to compile it just by running "make"
in the module directoy, and copying the xxxx.so
to /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.

But ufortunatelly OpenSIPS gives an error when restarting due to version
mismatch:

------
ERROR:core:version_control: module version mismatch
for /usr/lib/opensips/modules/xxxx.so; core: opensips 1.5.0dev2-tls
(x86_64/linux); module: opensips 1.5.0dev2-notls (x86_64/linux)
-------

How could I force TLS when compiling this module separately?

Thanks.

Re: How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Lunes, 24 de Noviembre de 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:

> Hi, I compile OpenSIPS with TLS=1 using "make deb".
>
> Later, I modify a module source and want to compile it just by running
> "make" in the module directoy, and copying the xxxx.so
> to /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.
>
> But ufortunatelly OpenSIPS gives an error when restarting due to version
> mismatch:
>
> ------
> ERROR:core:version_control: module version mismatch
> for /usr/lib/opensips/modules/xxxx.so; core: opensips 1.5.0dev2-tls
> (x86_64/linux); module: opensips 1.5.0dev2-notls (x86_64/linux)
> -------
>
> How could I force TLS when compiling this module separately?

I've got it by setting TLS=1 in Makefile.defs.
It's not enough if I set TLS=1 in Makefile.

Is it normal?

Re: How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

Klaus Darilion

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> Hi, I compile OpenSIPS with TLS=1 using "make deb".
>
> Later, I modify a module source and want to compile it just by running "make"
> in the module directoy, and copying the xxxx.so
> to /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.

TLS=1 make

regards
klaus

El Lunes, 24 de Noviembre de 2008, Klaus Darilion escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> > Hi, I compile OpenSIPS with TLS=1 using "make deb".
> >
> > Later, I modify a module source and want to compile it just by running
> > "make" in the module directoy, and copying the xxxx.so
> > to /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.
>
> TLS=1 make

Yes, but I have to do it in Makefile.defs
It's not enough if I set TLS=1 in Makefile.

Is it normal?

Re: How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Iñaki,

You can set the TLS val in the Makefile - see line 35. To compile a
single module, you can also do:
TLS=1 make modules modules=modules/my_favourite_module

El Martes, 25 de Noviembre de 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
> To compile a
> single module, you can also do:
> TLS=1 make modules modules=modules/my_favourite_module

Hi, could you explain it more please? are these parameters for "make" command
running it from sources root directory?

Re: How to compile *just* a module with TLS enabled?

samuel-2
yes

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Martes, 25 de Noviembre de 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:
>
>> To compile a
>> single module, you can also do:
>> TLS=1 make modules modules=modules/my_favourite_module
>>

> Hi, could you explain it more please? are these parameters for "make" command
> running it from sources root directory?

right, like being in sip_server/trunk dir.

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Lunes, 24 de Noviembre de 2008, Klaus Darilion escribió:
>> Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
>>> Hi, I compile OpenSIPS with TLS=1 using "make deb".
>>>
>>> Later, I modify a module source and want to compile it just by running
>>> "make" in the module directoy, and copying the xxxx.so
>>> to /usr/lib/opensips/modules/.
>> TLS=1 make
>
> Yes, but I have to do it in Makefile.defs
> It's not enough if I set TLS=1 in Makefile.
>
> Is it normal?

I never had any problems. Probably you should not have TLS=0 in
Makefile.defs.

klaus