How to end a call after a specific elapsed time

How to end a call after a specific elapsed time

Cristian Galvez
Hello everybody,

I'm chilean and I just susbcribed to this list hoping can be former to my growing interest in OpenSips.

I'm begining working with OpenSips some months ago, and I get opensips running on Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 (I tried with Kamailio too, but I couldn't get running on that platforms, so I discarded working with it).

I want to know how to set a timeout for duration's call (for subscriber's quota controlling).

I've been studying the sst, dialog and tm modules, and I think the dialog modules would permit me that (by setting some callback function ) for catching the timeout, let's say of 3 minutes, of a call has elapsed that duration, and this way (inside the callback function) to send a BYE SIP message to end that call.

I would really appreciate somebody can help me with this, either giving me an example of code (ideally, to faster knowledge of use), or indicating me and URL where can I get more clarifier documentation apart of the http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules, because I'm already working with that but I isn't enough.

Thanks in advance.

Cristian Galvez

Re: How to end a call after a specific elapsed time

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Cristian,

There is in OpenSIPS trunk a new functionality that might be exactly
what you are looking for.

See this :
http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2008-October/001116.html
It is about automatic call termination on call timeout.