How to install NAT support for Opensips 1.7.x

How to install NAT support for Opensips 1.7.x

Coca
Hi list,

I am having opensips 1.7.x working on a public ip , and now I want to add NAT traversal support to it.

My question is :

1) What modules do you suggest me to use in normal case?   nat_traversal.so or nathelper.so ?
2) If I use nathelper.so , is it necessary to install rtpproxy to the server also?
3) where i can find a sample for the opensips.cfg?

I noticed that since 1.5.x nathelper.so use 2 steps(rtpproxy_offer and rtpproxy_answer) instead force_rtpproxy in 1.4.x,
which is completely gone in 1.7.x.
An example for the route logic may help , but what I can found in the internet are almost sample for 1.4.x.

Any kind of advice will be great appreciated.

Thanks,

Coca

bll

Re: How to install NAT support for Opensips 1.7.x

bll
Hi,

If you want to have far-end NAT traversal then you should use a media relay like rtpproxy or MediaProxy. Read first the NAT traversal problem.

One solution for NAT traversal is to take a look to the book Building Telephony Systems with OpenSIPS 1.6, chapter NAT traversal, it is an example that works well.
And if you want to use MediaProxy instead of rtpproxy, then replace the calls of rtpproxy with the correspondent from MediaProxy (use_media_proxy...).

Also to have ICE is simple, just set the right parameter in the MediaProxy module.

Regards,
Liviu