How to invoke PUBLISH in PUA?

vasant j
Hi All,

         I am running PUA and presence in two different machines.Also
I am using UCTIMSCLIENT as client for registering and de-registering.

I am able to communicate between  two servers(PUA and Presence)
successfully.I have kept a Debug statement in "send_publish" function
.So when i Register or when i change the status "send_publish"
function should get invoked.But,I am not getting any Debug message i
have kept.This means "send_publish" function is not getting invoked at
all !!.

Kindly tell me how to invoke the send_publish function in PUA ???.

NOTE:Following attached is my PUA configuration file........

Waiting for your replies.......

Regards,
vasant

PUAconfig.txt (6K) Download Attachment

Re: How to invoke PUBLISH in PUA?

Anca Vamanu
Hi Vasant,

Pua module does not send Publish messages by itsefl. It is used as a core by the other pua_X modules( pua_usrloc, pua_bla, pua_xmpp, pua_mi).
If you want to trigger Publish messages when Register messages are received, you need to use pua_usrloc module. You can read the documentation here and also follow the configuration file example  you will find there.
Take care that all Register messages reach the server where pua is running.

regards,
Anca

vasant j wrote:
Hi All,

         I am running PUA and presence in two different machines.Also
I am using UCTIMSCLIENT as client for registering and de-registering.

I am able to communicate between  two servers(PUA and Presence)
successfully.I have kept a Debug statement in "send_publish" function
.So when i Register or when i change the status "send_publish"
function should get invoked.But,I am not getting any Debug message i
have kept.This means "send_publish" function is not getting invoked at
all !!.

Kindly tell me how to invoke the send_publish function in PUA ???.

NOTE:Following attached is my PUA configuration file........

Waiting for your replies.......

Regards,
vasant

anca.vcf (219 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: How to invoke PUBLISH in PUA?

mahesh.peddi
Hi Anca,

             Thank you for the prompt reply,according to your reply I am already using pua_usrloc.I have gone through the documentation of PUA.

It is said that, we have to use "pua_mi" module to send PUBLISH message to presence server.

how to invoke pua_publish  with script file??.

Because no function is exported ,we cannot use in configuration file directly.

I have seen the FIFO example in documentation.Is this the way we have put in separate script file to invoke pua_publish ??.Kindly let me know how to invoke  pua_publish with a script file.

Thanks in advance,

With Regards

J. Vasant Dacha

Re: How to invoke PUBLISH in PUA?

Anca Vamanu
Hi Vasant,

In fact it says that pua_mi, pua_usrloc, pua_bla and pua_xmpp use pua
module to send PUBLISH and/or SUBSCRIBE messages.
What I tried to tell you is that you can not and should not try to
invoce pua_publish from script. pua module is a core module, that does
not export functions to be used from the script, but that is used by
other modules.
If you want to generate Publish messages from Register messages, that
you need to follow the configuration file example from here:
http://opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.PuaUsrlocConfig.