How to stop a response being sent in onreply

How to stop a response being sent in onreply

John Quick
Hi all

We want to receive calls diverted by a carrier to our IVR's over SIP in such
a way that it appears to be a continuous part of a single call. So we don't
want any ringing to be heard. The IVR's are configured to answer
immediately, but there is still a very short burst of ringing heard by the
caller. During the call setup, the IVR always sends a 180 Ringing response
before the 200 Ok. We are using OpenSIPS v1.4.2 and I can identify the 180
Ringing response in the onreply section, but am not sure how to stop it
being sent.

One idea I have is to change it from 180 to a 100, but I would appreciate
any thoughts or suggestions from the community.

Thanks.

John Quick
Systems Consultant
Smartvox Limited
Tel:   01727-221221
Web: www.smartvox.co.uk

Smartvox is a limited company, registered in England and Wales, number
5005263. Registered office: Spectrum House, Dunstable Road, Redbourn,
St.Albans, Herts AL3 7PR

Re: How to stop a response being sent in onreply

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi John,

You can drop from onreply_route a provisional reply (like 180) by simply
doing "drop" statement:
       http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.DocsCoreFcn14#toc92

John Quick wrote:

> Hi all
>
> We want to receive calls diverted by a carrier to our IVR's over SIP in such
> a way that it appears to be a continuous part of a single call. So we don't
> want any ringing to be heard. The IVR's are configured to answer
> immediately, but there is still a very short burst of ringing heard by the
> caller. During the call setup, the IVR always sends a 180 Ringing response
> before the 200 Ok. We are using OpenSIPS v1.4.2 and I can identify the 180
> Ringing response in the onreply section, but am not sure how to stop it
> being sent.
>
> One idea I have is to change it from 180 to a 100, but I would appreciate
> any thoughts or suggestions from the community.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Quick
> Systems Consultant
> Smartvox Limited
> Tel:   01727-221221
> Web: www.smartvox.co.uk
>
> Smartvox is a limited company, registered in England and Wales, number
> 5005263. Registered office: Spectrum House, Dunstable Road, Redbourn,
> St.Albans, Herts AL3 7PR

Re: How to stop a response being sent in onreply

John Quick
Hi Bogdan

Thanks. That works perfectly.