How to test new dialog module with timeout in 1.4.2

How to test new dialog module with timeout in 1.4.2

kionez
Hi all!

I would like to test new features of dialog module in my opensips
installation.

I don want to update everything to "head" version, because i don't want
to loose stability for other modules, so how can I have a backport of
dialog module in 1.4.2? If I replace modules/dialog directory and i
rebuild everything it shows no errors in compilation.. but, i should be
sure that everything works as expected?

(i know, is a quite strange question, but i can't use an unstable
version, neither for testing purposes...)

thanks in advance k.