How to use sst to account missing BYEs

Ronald Cepres
Hi to all!

I've been setting up a media-less SIP proxy server using OpenSIPS. We need to account (and bill) every call that goes through the proxy and one of our main concerns is the issue of missing BYEs wherein we can't account the call without a BYE.

I tried to use sst module to solve this problem but I'm not sure if I used it correctly for the purpose that I want.

Here is a snippet of my opensips.conf (some of the values are just for testing purposes though):

loadmodule "dialog.so"
modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 10)
modparam("dialog", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 4)
modparam("dialog", "bye_on_timeout_flag", 5)

loadmodule "sst.so"
modparam("sst", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
modparam("sst", "sst_flag", 6)
modparam("sst", "min_se", 90)
modparam("sst", "sst_interval", 30)

if (is_method("INVITE")) {
# Check minimum SE for SST
if (sstCheckMin("1")) {
xlog("$ci: $C(rx)422 Session Timer Too Small reply sent.$C(xx)\n");
route(EXIT);
}
# Set INVITE flags
setflag(1); # Accounting
setflag(2); # Account Missed Calls
setflag(3); # Account failed transactions
setflag(4); # Dialog flag
setflag(5); # Bye-on-dialog-timeout flag
setflag(6); # SST flag

Am I using sst module correctly here or is it even possible to use sst module for the said purpose?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ronald

Re: How to use sst to account missing BYEs

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Ronald,

If you look at the SIP capture, do you see the Session-Timer header sent
to callee ? does your caller/callee supports SST ?

Ronald Cepres wrote:

> Hi to all!
>
> I've been setting up a media-less SIP proxy server using OpenSIPS. We
> need to account (and bill) every call that goes through the proxy and
> one of our main concerns is the issue of missing BYEs wherein we can't
> account the call without a BYE.
>
> I tried to use sst module to solve this problem but I'm not sure if I
> used it correctly for the purpose that I want.
>
> Here is a snippet of my opensips.conf (some of the values are just for
> testing purposes though):

> loadmodule "dialog.so"
> modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 10)
> modparam("dialog", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
> modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 4)
> modparam("dialog", "bye_on_timeout_flag", 5)
>
> loadmodule "sst.so"
> modparam("sst", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
> modparam("sst", "sst_flag", 6)
> modparam("sst", "min_se", 90)
> modparam("sst", "sst_interval", 30)

> if (is_method("INVITE")) {
> # Check minimum SE for SST
> if (sstCheckMin("1")) {
> xlog("$ci: $C(rx)422 Session Timer Too Small reply sent.$C(xx)\n");
> route(EXIT);
> }
> # Set INVITE flags
> setflag(1); # Accounting
> setflag(2); # Account Missed Calls
> setflag(3); # Account failed transactions
> setflag(4); # Dialog flag
> setflag(5); # Bye-on-dialog-timeout flag
> setflag(6); # SST flag

> }

> Am I using sst module correctly here or is it even possible to use sst
> module for the said purpose?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Ronald

OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
www.voice-system.ro

Re: How to use sst to account missing BYEs

Ronald Cepres
Hi Bogdan,

I see the Session-Timer header sent to callee. In most cases, only the callee supports SST.

I can also see the re-INVITE coming from the callee but after the duration of session interval, the dialog associated with the call gets expired and probably destroyed. What could possibly be wrong with my setup?

Regards,
Ronald