How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

thomcr
Hello List,

I currently have this setup.

Opensips -> Asterisk farm

Opensips is using the dialog module and Load balancer module. Right now the Opensips keeps track of the amount of active dialogs and balance calls between my server farm.

I would like to have two opensips doing balancing for a few reason. My concern is if I give 2 IPs to my customers, each server will know how many active channel has againts the GW but is not a realistic number. Each Opensips keeps its own count.

I remember the t_replicate function from a bootcamp, so I was wondering if this could be a situation to use it and how.

Has anyone tried this setup and what would be the best approach for scalability.

--
Robert

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Robert,

This is cannot be done with the actual code (there is no way to share the dialog infos with other opensips instance), but, for next release, we are working on a distributed version for several modules like dialog, usrloc, load-balanced, pike, ratelimit

On 09/14/2011 07:41 PM, Robert Thomas wrote:
Hello List,

I currently have this setup.

Opensips -> Asterisk farm

Opensips is using the dialog module and Load balancer module. Right now the Opensips keeps track of the amount of active dialogs and balance calls between my server farm.

I would like to have two opensips doing balancing for a few reason. My concern is if I give 2 IPs to my customers, each server will know how many active channel has againts the GW but is not a realistic number. Each Opensips keeps its own count.

I remember the t_replicate function from a bootcamp, so I was wondering if this could be a situation to use it and how.

Has anyone tried this setup and what would be the best approach for scalability.

--
Robert

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

osiris123d
Will this "distributed version" be in a 1.7 version or 1.8 or the expected 2.0?

On Sep 14, 2011 12:50pm, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>

> This is cannot be done with the actual code (there is no way to
>
> share the dialog infos with other opensips instance), but, for next
>
> release, we are working on a distributed version for several modules
>
> like dialog, usrloc, load-balanced, pike, ratelimit
>

> Regards,
>

> Bogdan
>

> On 09/14/2011 07:41 PM, Robert Thomas wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>

> I currently have this setup.
>

> Opensips -> Asterisk farm
>

> Opensips is using the dialog module and Load balancer module.
>
> Right now the Opensips keeps track of the amount of active dialogs
>
> and balance calls between my server farm.
>

> I would like to have two opensips doing balancing for a few
>
> reason. My concern is if I give 2 IPs to my customers, each server
>
> will know how many active channel has againts the GW but is not a
>
> realistic number. Each Opensips keeps its own count.
>

> I remember the t_replicate function from a bootcamp, so I was
>
> wondering if this could be a situation to use it and how.
>

> Has anyone tried this setup and what would be the best approach
>
> for scalability.
>

> --
>

> Robert

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
>
> OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
will be 1.8....2.0 is a completely different thing.

On 09/14/2011 09:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
Will this "distributed version" be in a 1.7 version or 1.8 or the expected 2.0?

On Sep 14, 2011 12:50pm, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>

> This is cannot be done with the actual code (there is no way to
>
> share the dialog infos with other opensips instance), but, for next
>
> release, we are working on a distributed version for several modules
>
> like dialog, usrloc, load-balanced, pike, ratelimit
>

> Regards,
>

> Bogdan
>

> On 09/14/2011 07:41 PM, Robert Thomas wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>

> I currently have this setup.
>

> Opensips -> Asterisk farm
>

> Opensips is using the dialog module and Load balancer module.
>
> Right now the Opensips keeps track of the amount of active dialogs
>
> and balance calls between my server farm.
>

> I would like to have two opensips doing balancing for a few
>
> reason. My concern is if I give 2 IPs to my customers, each server
>
> will know how many active channel has againts the GW but is not a
>
> realistic number. Each Opensips keeps its own count.
>

> I remember the t_replicate function from a bootcamp, so I was
>
> wondering if this could be a situation to use it and how.
>

> Has anyone tried this setup and what would be the best approach
>
> for scalability.
>

> --
>

> Robert

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
>
> OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

thomcr
I know perhaps it's a little too soon since we just have 1.7 out, to know when to expect 1.8 but in a general point of view, whats is the road map for 1.8, end this year, early next one?

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Robert

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

We can continue here the discussion from #opensips IRC channel.

So, for the call between extensions, what is the supposed (correct) call flow ?

On 09/14/2011 10:12 PM, vip killa wrote:
I followed this guide:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Enterprise_deployment_OpenSIPS#OpenSIPS
Inbound calls work but I can't call one extensions to another
EG: 1000 can't call 1001 or vice versa
#freeswitch folks said something was most likely wrong with the opensips.cfg

.17 = opensips
.18 = FS

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

1.8 is expected for early 2012 (Feb, March ?).  The full roadmap will be uploaded on the web site in the next days - we just had some discussions about what should be there or not :)

Again, this is the "natural" roadmap and timeframe for the project. Sometime we also have devel on demand, which goes faster.

On 09/15/2011 04:35 AM, Robert Thomas wrote:
I know perhaps it's a little too soon since we just have 1.7 out, to know when to expect 1.8 but in a general point of view, whats is the road map for 1.8, end this year, early next one?

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
will be 1.8....2.0 is a completely different thing.

On 09/14/2011 09:10 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
Will this "distributed version" be in a 1.7 version or 1.8 or the expected 2.0?

On Sep 14, 2011 12:50pm, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>

> This is cannot be done with the actual code (there is no way to
>
> share the dialog infos with other opensips instance), but, for next
>
> release, we are working on a distributed version for several modules
>
> like dialog, usrloc, load-balanced, pike, ratelimit
>

> Regards,
>

> Bogdan
>

> On 09/14/2011 07:41 PM, Robert Thomas wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>

> I currently have this setup.
>

> Opensips -> Asterisk farm
>

> Opensips is using the dialog module and Load balancer module.
>
> Right now the Opensips keeps track of the amount of active dialogs
>
> and balance calls between my server farm.
>

> I would like to have two opensips doing balancing for a few
>
> reason. My concern is if I give 2 IPs to my customers, each server
>
> will know how many active channel has againts the GW but is not a
>
> realistic number. Each Opensips keeps its own count.
>

> I remember the t_replicate function from a bootcamp, so I was
>
> wondering if this could be a situation to use it and how.
>

> Has anyone tried this setup and what would be the best approach
>
> for scalability.
>

> --
>

> Robert

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>
> OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
>
> OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

_______________________________________________ Users mailing list

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Robert

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 19th of September 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

Re: How two OpenSIPS Active - Active Load balancing

checking the FS and OS integration, I see opensips is configured to act only as inbound entity (between end user and FS, in this direction only). So I agree that the flow should be UA1 -> OS -> FS -> UA2 in this case....But the trace for the faulty call (between 2 extensions) was showing UA1 -> OS -> FS -> OS......

So, the question is why FS sends call back to OS instead of sending it to the target extension.

On 09/15/2011 08:40 PM, vip killa wrote:
I'm not 100% certain because im only following the tutorial but i think it would be UA1 -> OS -> FS -> UA2

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Could be - I guess you need to configure in FS what is the SIP domain it needs to handle as local....

Bogdan

On 09/15/2011 09:06 PM, vip killa wrote:
Could it be because of the domain? my UAs are registered to pbx01.demo.voip.net (which points to ip of opensips)
so when the UA1 calls UA2:
UA1 -> pbx01.demo.voip.net (OS) -> FS -> [hidden email] -> OS ?