Im with message.

Johan De Clercq
Hi, I need to be able to handle SIP MESSAGE for IM. Does this mean that I need to setup openxcap and use xcap client module in my script?

Best regards,

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

Re: Im with message.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
No :)

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
On 11/23/2018 08:41 AM, Johan De Clercq wrote:
Hi, I need to be able to handle SIP MESSAGE for IM. Does this mean that I need to setup openxcap and use xcap client module in my script?

Best regards,

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

Re: Im with message.

Johan De Clercq
Okay, so I just can handle it trhough my normal script as I would do with an initial INVITE ?
Secondly, when exactly is XCAP needed ?
And where does this fit with SIP SIMPLE ?

I am really sorry but I am not really used to presence and IM.

Op vr 23 nov. 2018 om 14:45 schreef Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:
No :)

OpenSIPS Bootcamp 2018
  http://opensips.org/training/OpenSIPS_Bootcamp_2018/
On 11/23/2018 08:41 AM, Johan De Clercq wrote:
Hi, I need to be able to handle SIP MESSAGE for IM. Does this mean that I need to setup openxcap and use xcap client module in my script?

Best regards,

Outlook voor iOS downloaden

Re: Im with message.

Adrian Georgescu
SIP MESSAGE has nothing to do with SIP SIMPLE suite of standards.

SIP SIMPLE is a suite of standards for session based IM and file transfers using MSRP media plane and Presence. Presence requires contacts management for which XCAP server is used.  XCAP is built on top of an HTTP server by serving XML documents defined for contacts and policies used by Presence. These documents can be changed by a SIP client with XCAP support.