Inject REFER

Brett Nemeroff
All,
Is it possible to inject a REFER message into a call? I'll be proxying calls to a TDM gateway.. I know this seems like an odd request, but I'd like to essentially hijack the call with a REFER.

I believe the UAC module can handle the request, but do I need to cleanup the dialog somehow?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Inject REFER

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Thursday 11 June 2009 18:05:39 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> All,Is it possible to inject a REFER message into a call? I'll be proxying
> calls to a TDM gateway.. I know this seems like an odd request, but I'd
> like to essentially hijack the call with a REFER.
>
> I believe the UAC module can handle the request, but do I need to cleanup
> the dialog somehow?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

You could not do that without a B2BUA, because you will break CSeq on the
stablished dialogs

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: Inject REFER

Brett Nemeroff
2009/6/11 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>
On Thursday 11 June 2009 18:05:39 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> All,Is it possible to inject a REFER message into a call? I'll be proxying
> calls to a TDM gateway.. I know this seems like an odd request, but I'd
> like to essentially hijack the call with a REFER.
>
> I believe the UAC module can handle the request, but do I need to cleanup
> the dialog somehow?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

You could not do that without a B2BUA, because you will break CSeq on the
stablished dialogs

Can you elaborate on that a little please?

Re: Inject REFER

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé-2
Being a SIP proxy, OpenSIPS is unaware of established dialogs, it's
only aware of transactions. Thus, it can't create an in-dialog
request.

To be able to do what you want you need a dialog-aware thing: a back
to back user agent: b2bua.

On 6/11/09, Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/6/11 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>
>
>> On Thursday 11 June 2009 18:05:39 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
>> > All,Is it possible to inject a REFER message into a call? I'll be
>> proxying
>> > calls to a TDM gateway.. I know this seems like an odd request, but I'd
>> > like to essentially hijack the call with a REFER.
>> >
>> > I believe the UAC module can handle the request, but do I need to
>> > cleanup
>> > the dialog somehow?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Brett
>>
>> You could not do that without a B2BUA, because you will break CSeq on the
>> stablished dialogs
>>

> Can you elaborate on that a little please?

--
Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."

Re: Inject REFER

Brett Nemeroff
Does anyone know if there is an actual QSIG implementation of "REFER"? That may make this whole issue moot.

On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:27:23 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an actual QSIG implementation of "REFER"? That
> may make this whole issue moot.

Could you describe what scenario are you trying to implement ?

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: Inject REFER

Brett Nemeroff
2009/6/11 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>
On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:27:23 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is an actual QSIG implementation of "REFER"? That
> may make this whole issue moot.

Could you describe what scenario are you trying to implement ?

A call comes in to opensips, which sends the call to a TDM gateway. This terminates to a ACD. And agent utilizes some mechanism to deflect the call. It's necessary that the deflection occur on the far end of the sip connection (so there is a sip to tdm translation in there, of which I don't know if it can support a deflection). Possible options for the deflection is either something that is supported natively in a qsig to sip mapping, or an out of band solution. I was expecting this to be out of band such that a script would poke at the fifo to perform such deflection.

I know.. it's a weird setup.

On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:57:14 Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> 2009/6/11 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>
>
> > On Thursday 11 June 2009 22:27:23 Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if there is an actual QSIG implementation of "REFER"?
> >
> > That
> >
> > > may make this whole issue moot.
> >
> > Could you describe what scenario are you trying to implement ?
>
> A call comes in to opensips, which sends the call to a TDM gateway. This
> terminates to a ACD. And agent utilizes some mechanism to deflect the call.
> It's necessary that the deflection occur on the far end of the sip
> connection (so there is a sip to tdm translation in there, of which I don't
> know if it can support a deflection). Possible options for the deflection
> is either something that is supported natively in a qsig to sip mapping, or
> an out of band solution. I was expecting this to be out of band such that a
> script would poke at the fifo to perform such deflection.
>
> I know.. it's a weird setup.

So, you have ... SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP, yes is a weird and stupid setup ...

You have 3 possible solutions:

1) SIP <-> B2BUA <-> TDM <-> SIP, Call-Deflection by DTMF controlled at B2BUA
side

2) SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP
      ^                             ^
       |-  SIP_faked_UAC -|

 So, for example, you could use some sipp script that "insert" a faked REFER
from the "origin", but controlled by the far end SIP agent.

3) SIP <-> TDM <-> SIP, trying to use call-deflection features that the TDM
gateway support (AFAIK, only usable with SS7 links or QSIG links but not with
PRI, ANALOG or BRI links)

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

What is this error : msg_send: ERROR: udp_send failed?

Tung Tran
Hi all,

Today I have a strange error with OpenSER 1.2.2 which I have used for long
time and installed on many servers without problem, except this one. I also
use the same config file which are runing well on another server.

The new installing is failed with this error:

1(3180) DBG:check_against_rule_list: using list dns
 1(3180) ERROR: udp_send: sendto(sock,0xb615dbd8,951,0,0xb615c044,16):
Permission denied(13)
 1(3180) msg_send: ERROR: udp_send failed
 1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
 1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_relay_to: t_forward_nonack returned error
 1(3180) parse_headers: flags=ffffffffffffffff

Should anyone help me out?

Thank you very much in advanced.
Tung

Re: What is this error : msg_send: ERROR: udp_send failed?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé-2
Which user is running OpenSER? The send line tells you there is a
permission issue somewhere...

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Tung Tran<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today I have a strange error with OpenSER 1.2.2 which I have used for long
> time and installed on many servers without problem, except this one. I also
> use the same config file which are runing well on another server.
>
> The new installing is failed with this error:
>

> 1(3180) DBG:check_against_rule_list: using list dns
>  1(3180) ERROR: udp_send: sendto(sock,0xb615dbd8,951,0,0xb615c044,16):
> Permission denied(13)
>  1(3180) msg_send: ERROR: udp_send failed
>  1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
>  1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_relay_to: t_forward_nonack returned error
>  1(3180) parse_headers: flags=ffffffffffffffff
>

> Should anyone help me out?
>
> Thank you very much in advanced.
> Tung

Saúl -- "Nunca subestimes el ancho de banda de un camión lleno de disketes."

Re: What is this error : msg_send: ERROR: udp_sendfailed?

Tung Tran
Dear,

I am running Openser as root,
I cannot find out what kind of permission is it, and how to solve it.

BTW, this server has 6 NIC in total and only one of them are working
(connected), Do you think that should be problem if server has many NIC
card?

Anyone has experience about this problem pls jumbing,

BR
Tung

On Friday 12 June 2009 08:46:49 Tung Tran wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am running Openser as root,
> I cannot find out what kind of permission is it, and how to solve it.
>
> BTW, this server has 6 NIC in total and only one of them are working
> (connected), Do you think that should be problem if server has many NIC
> card?
>
> Anyone has experience about this problem pls jumbing,

I'm sure at 99,9% that the error is caused by some firewall rules you have on
that machine, or a network missconfiguration.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: What is this error : msg_send: ERROR:udp_sendfailed?

Tung Tran
Hi

I already disable the iptables but no help, and the network configuration is
normal, I can ping to outside.

Again here is my problem

> 1(3180) DBG:check_against_rule_list: using list dns
> 1(3180) ERROR: udp_send: sendto(sock,0xb615dbd8,951,0,0xb615c044,16):
> Permission denied(13)
> 1(3180) msg_send: ERROR: udp_send failed
> 1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
> 1(3180) ERROR:tm:t_relay_to: t_forward_nonack returned error
> 1(3180) parse_headers: flags=ffffffffffffffff

Thank you
Tung

On Friday 12 June 2009 08:46:49 Tung Tran wrote:

> Dear,
>
> I am running Openser as root,
> I cannot find out what kind of permission is it, and how to solve it.
>
> BTW, this server has 6 NIC in total and only one of them are working
> (connected), Do you think that should be problem if server has many NIC
> card?
>
> Anyone has experience about this problem pls jumbing,

I'm sure at 99,9% that the error is caused by some firewall rules you have
on
that machine, or a network missconfiguration.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: What is this error : msg_send: ERROR:udp_sendfailed?

Brett Nemeroff
What port is opensips binding to? Are you using any funny ports?