Installing rtpengine on CentOS 6

John Quick
Hi,

This is more an enquiry to the community than the OpenSIPS developers.
Has anyone successfully installed rtpengine on CentOS 6?  If so, please can
you assist me.

I've been able to fix most dependencies, but when I run make these two
remain:
Package libiptc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
../include/redis.h:14:29: error: hiredis/hiredis.h: No such file or
directory

Using yum with epel and nux repos, I could only find packages for
libiptcdata-devel and redis, not for libiptc or hiredis.

Also, when I run make it gives me this warning about argument types in
function atomic64_get_set:
warning: passing argument 1 of 'g_atomic_pointer_compare_and_exchange' from
incompatible pointer type
expected 'void * volatile*' but argument is of type 'volatile void **'
Can I safely ignore this warning?

John Quick
Smartvox Limited

Re: Installing rtpengine on CentOS 6

Răzvan Crainea-2
Hi, John!

libiptc can be found most likely in the iptables-devel package from the
main repository.
You can easily install hiredis using the public packages:

git clone [hidden email]:redis/hiredis.git
cd hiredis
PREFIX=/usr make install

I am not sure about the warnings, but since they are simply warnings,
it's worth trying to ignore them :).

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 10/9/18 7:42 PM, John Quick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is more an enquiry to the community than the OpenSIPS developers.
> Has anyone successfully installed rtpengine on CentOS 6?  If so, please can
> you assist me.
>
> I've been able to fix most dependencies, but when I run make these two
> remain:
> Package libiptc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> ../include/redis.h:14:29: error: hiredis/hiredis.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> Using yum with epel and nux repos, I could only find packages for
> libiptcdata-devel and redis, not for libiptc or hiredis.
>
> Also, when I run make it gives me this warning about argument types in
> function atomic64_get_set:
> warning: passing argument 1 of 'g_atomic_pointer_compare_and_exchange' from
> incompatible pointer type
> expected 'void * volatile*' but argument is of type 'volatile void **'
> Can I safely ignore this warning?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

Re: Installing rtpengine on CentOS 6

Denys Pozniak-2

ср, 10 окт. 2018 г. в 11:06, Răzvan Crainea <[hidden email]>:
Hi, John!

libiptc can be found most likely in the iptables-devel package from the
main repository.
You can easily install hiredis using the public packages:

git clone [hidden email]:redis/hiredis.git
cd hiredis
PREFIX=/usr make install

I am not sure about the warnings, but since they are simply warnings,
it's worth trying to ignore them :).

Best regards,
Răzvan

On 10/9/18 7:42 PM, John Quick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is more an enquiry to the community than the OpenSIPS developers.
> Has anyone successfully installed rtpengine on CentOS 6?  If so, please can
> you assist me.
>
> I've been able to fix most dependencies, but when I run make these two
> remain:
> Package libiptc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> ../include/redis.h:14:29: error: hiredis/hiredis.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> Using yum with epel and nux repos, I could only find packages for
> libiptcdata-devel and redis, not for libiptc or hiredis.
>
> Also, when I run make it gives me this warning about argument types in
> function atomic64_get_set:
> warning: passing argument 1 of 'g_atomic_pointer_compare_and_exchange' from
> incompatible pointer type
> expected 'void * volatile*' but argument is of type 'volatile void **'
> Can I safely ignore this warning?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
>
> John Quick
> Smartvox Limited

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer

BR,
Denys Pozniak

Re: Installing rtpengine on CentOS 6

John Quick
Thanks for the suggestions from Denys Pozniak and Răzvan Crainea.
I now have it working on my CentOS 6 server:
The first dependency was fixed by installing the iptables-devel package.
Then downloaded two rpm files for hiredis and hiredis-devel from
centos.pkgs.org and installed them with yum.
Still getting warnings about the way some arguments are passed, but at least
the build was successful allowing me to move on and test.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited