Interop Problem with SIP devices behind Thomson 780iWL

Interop Problem with SIP devices behind Thomson 780iWL

Uwe Kastens
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody know about problems with some SIP UA behind a
Thomson 780iWL. For example it is not possible to register with a snom
behind a thomson with activated sip stack. A Xlite will work as expected.

I started to debug this issue - maybe there is a way to find a special
workaround with opensips.

BR

Uwe
--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: Interop Problem with SIP devices behind Thomson 780iWL

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Uwe,

do you have access to the public server where you want to register?

when trying to register, what is the reply you get from the server (for
snom) ?

Uwe Kastens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anybody know about problems with some SIP UA behind a
> Thomson 780iWL. For example it is not possible to register with a snom
> behind a thomson with activated sip stack. A Xlite will work as expected.
>
> I started to debug this issue - maybe there is a way to find a special
> workaround with opensips.
>
> BR
>
> Uwe

Re: Interop Problem with SIP devices behind Thomson 780iWL

Uwe Kastens
Hi Bogdan,

Tracing showed us, that the snom will sent requests several times. Since
the opensips did not receive this requests, it was clear, that the
problem is caused by the thomson. The SIP ALG is buggy on the thomson
and "keeps" some requests.

So this is a problem that could only be fixed by thomson.

BR

Uwe

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: Interop Problem with SIP devices behind Thomson 780iWL

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Domingo 05 Abril 2009, Uwe Kastens escribió:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Tracing showed us, that the snom will sent requests several times. Since
> the opensips did not receive this requests, it was clear, that the
> problem is caused by the thomson. The SIP ALG is buggy on the thomson
> and "keeps" some requests.
>
> So this is a problem that could only be fixed by thomson.

Painful routers with SIP ALG enabled...

Please, could you add the information you have discovered here?:
  http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Routers+SIP+ALG

Thanks a lot.

PD: Or send it to me if you prefer me to write it.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>