Invite no repsonse timer

bluerain
This post was updated on .
Just curious, I am using opensips 1.11 and have the tm module set as:

modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 5)
modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 120)
modparam("tm", "restart_fr_on_each_reply", 0)
modparam("tm", "onreply_avp_mode", 1)

When I do wireshark on a call that the far end device is not responding (or delay responding) on INVITES, I see that second invite as send out with about 0.6 seconds after the first and then 1.2 seconds after the second and then 2.4 seconds on the last one.  So if I have fr_timer on 5, wouldn't the invite retry be 5 seconds apart?  Or am I missing something here?

And also why does opensips try 4 times, is there a setting for the number of retry?  Also at the end of wireshark, it send 481 leg/trans does not exist to the far end device.  I do see 180 ringing and 200 ok came back finally, but the came back about 16 seconds later from the first invite, so at that time, it because is already exceeding 5 second, thus call concider as failed and that opensips does not have the call in it's memory, thus does not have a "valid" call to match on for the 180 and 200?

Thx.

Re: Invite no repsonse timer

The fr_timer does not have steps for retransmissions, but after how long
the retransmissions should stop.

Retransmissions do have a predefined stepping of 0.5, 1, 2, 4 , 4, 4
seconds.... until the expire is reached.