Is OpenSIPS fast to stop calling tone in forked calls?

Is OpenSIPS fast to stop calling tone in forked calls?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Hi.

When my OpenSIPS has just 2 peers on-line (user A and user B ), if A calls B, A will listen the calling tone just until B answers. So, if B sends a SIP OK, the calling tone will be immediately stopped.

When user B is on-line in several devices (more than 1 contact for the same AOR), let's say 2 mobile phones and 2 desktops, 4 devices will ring and the user A will listen the calling tone normally. But, when B answers (in any device), there will be some calling tones still to be played in the A's device. That is, when the number of called devices increases for a same called subscriber,  it seems that OpenSIPS become slower to stop the calling tone. But it is fast enough to stop the ring tones in the others devices.

Is it a matter of OpenSIPS configurations file? (opensips.cfg)

If yes, could someone point me what part of my configuration should I change or review?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards!

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979

Re: Is OpenSIPS fast to stop calling tone in forked calls?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello Rodrigo,

The A caller device stops plating the ringing tone as soon as it receives the 200 OK reply from the callee side. There is no other indication for this. So, you have to take a SIP capture and see how fast the 200 OK gets from the first answering device back to caller A.