Is it possible to generate Notify from OpenSIPS on Freeswitch NOTIFY ESL event

Is it possible to generate Notify from OpenSIPS on Freeswitch NOTIFY ESL event

sagar malam
Hello ,

We are using FreeSWITCH for presence but it is not working well with heavy traffic.I wonder if we can using Opensips FreesWITCH ESL module to listen on presence event and generate notifies from OpenSIPs ?

Sagar

Re: Is it possible to generate Notify from OpenSIPS on Freeswitch NOTIFY ESL event

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Sagar,

Theoretically you can get ESL events via freeswitch_scripting module [1] and from OpenSIPS, using an event_route[E_FREESWITCH] [2], you can build and send SIP request [3] - the question is if you have all the info and flexibility to construct the Notify requests

[1]
https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/freeswitch_scripting.html#param_fs_subscribe
[2] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/freeswitch_scripting.html#event-freeswitch
[3] https://opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.4.x/tm.html#func_t_new_request

  https://www.opensips-solutions.com
OpenSIPS Summit 2019
On 03/20/2019 05:02 PM, sagar malam wrote:
Hello ,

We are using FreeSWITCH for presence but it is not working well with heavy traffic.I wonder if we can using Opensips FreesWITCH ESL module to listen on presence event and generate notifies from OpenSIPs ?

Sagar

Re: Is it possible to generate Notify from OpenSIPS on Freeswitch NOTIFY ESL event

SamyGo
Hi Sagar,
So if I can glue info provided by Bogdan then yes you can pull data from incoming ESL event and create a new NOTIFY and send it to (where ) !
I would send this new NOTIFY to myself(127.0.0.1:5060) so opensips can find the location of the desired registered client and relay it swiftly.

Hope it works :)
Regards,
Sammy