Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho

Hi.

I'm very beginner in OpenSIPS. I have started with this last week.
After reading about how to configure OpenSIPS and see videos about it from conferences in Amsterdam-2005, I still have a beginner question:

Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the call?
Let'  me explain the idea:

There are 5 softphones registered in my OpenSIPS (5 SIP accounts). They are 6001, 6002, 6003, 6004 and 6005.
I want to learn a way of configuring OpenSIPS to allows the softphone 6001 call a number, let's say 5000. And, when 5000 is dialled, all the others sofphones should ring simultaneously, and just the first one to answer will get the call. It could be a kind of call to a group.

Is this kind of thing possible by means of the opensips.cfg file?
If yes, where can I find a introductory tutorial on this thing?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO.
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979   (Brasil)

Re: Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

qasimakhan@gmail.com
I think you should look at branching.

-Qasim
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Warid.

 where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Re: Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Chen-Che Huang

In my own experience, one way to achieve ring group implementation is to make those users register use the same number. When someone calls the number, all the users will receive the INVITE request and only the first one answering the call will start a session. The others will receive CANCEL request from OpenSIPS. To enable this feature, just t_relay() the request in branch_route.

B.R,
Chen-Che

Re: Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Hi Chen-che.

Thank you!
I think I really should  follow your suggestion.
I'll check on t_relay () .
Best Regards .

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software

--
View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Is-there-some-sort-of-ring-group-implementation-where-users-are-dialled-and-just-the-first-one-to-an-tp7598035p7598039.html

Re: Is there some sort of ring group implementation where users are dialled and just the first one to answer will get the cal?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Hi Qasim.

Thank you for that hint!

What you mean with branching? Is it some kind of algorithm to use in OpenSIPS config file or is it a module of this sip proxy?

I have already got success working with the idea of every user registering with the same number. But now I have to find another method to do the same thing.

Should I look for branching in OpenSIPS or in SIP ?

Any hint will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center