LDAP Authentication OpenSIPS

Jonathan González
Hi there,

I have been trying to configure LDAP authentication. I have been reading some documentation I have found about the configuration in OpenSer 1.3.x and some emails from this list and I have read the the way is to make queries against ldap to obtain username and password and then authenticate.

The way I have to do this LDAP authentication is binding directly the LDAP server with the username/password of the SIP users, it is impossible to me to do on the other way because the password field on the LDAP is unreadeable. Is there any way for OpenSIPS to bind the LDAP server to authenticate the user?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--
Personal webpage - www.jonbaraq.eu

Re: LDAP Authentication OpenSIPS

Sergio Gutierrez
Hi Jonathan.

You might find useful the documentation of LDAP module.

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/ldap.html

Regards.

Sergio

2009/9/11 Jonathan González <[hidden email]>
Hi there,

I have been trying to configure LDAP authentication. I have been reading some documentation I have found about the configuration in OpenSer 1.3.x and some emails from this list and I have read the the way is to make queries against ldap to obtain username and password and then authenticate.

The way I have to do this LDAP authentication is binding directly the LDAP server with the username/password of the SIP users, it is impossible to me to do on the other way because the password field on the LDAP is unreadeable. Is there any way for OpenSIPS to bind the LDAP server to authenticate the user?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--
Personal webpage - www.jonbaraq.eu