Listening on all interfaces on Opensips 2.2

Listening on all interfaces on Opensips 2.2

Jon Abrams
Hello list,

I've been noticing the listen configuration seems to work differently on the latest 2.2.X versions.

I'm trying to listen on all addresses (essentially 0.0.0.0) without having to manually add each ip line by line to the script.

In the old days you could just omit the listen and set the port. However I need to leave a listen directive for HEP.

Mentioned in the 2.2 docs, listen=eth0:5060, gives a vague generic script error. listen=udp:eth0:5060 works. Are the docs out of date on some of these? disable_tcp and port seem to give generic script errors despite being still listed in the docs

Best Regards,

Jon

Re: Listening on all interfaces on Opensips 2.2

Liviu Chircu

Hi, Jon!

The "eth0:5060" syntax has been deprecated along with the transport layer rework.

In order to achieve the same effect as before, you simply have to add one more line to your script for each transport you choose to support:

udp:eth0:5060

tcp:eth0:5060

hep:eth0:9060

Docs for the "listen" directive are indeed broken and I'll get them fixed asap. Thanks!

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com