Listening on two different ports?

Chris Maciejewski
Hi,

I know the answer to this question is probably "no", but wanted to
check with you.

Is it possible to make one instance of opensips listen on two different ports?

Lets say if I wanted opensips to listen on UDP/TCP 5060 and UDP/TCP 5566?

Can this be done?

Best regards,
Chris

Re: Listening on two different ports?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Chris,

Sure it is possible. Do in cfg:
    listen=udp:ip:5060
    listen=udp:ip:5566
    listen=tcp:ip:5060
    listen=tcp:ip:5566

And do not forget to set fork to yes.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Listening on two different ports?

Chris Maciejewski
Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for info. I managed to bind to two different ports 5060 and
5566 just fine.

However it seems to me there is a problem with mi_xmlrpc module in
this scenario.

For example when I have Client 1 registered with my.domain:5566
('location' table shows correctly "udp:my_ip:5566" in 'socket' column)
and I am sending OPTIONS with t_uac_dlg via MI RPC to the 'contact' of
Client 1, OpenSIPs will send OPTIONS from udp:my_ip:5060 instead of
udp:my_ip:5566 where REGISTER was received.

As a result Client 1 (which is behind NAT) will not receive OPTIONS as
NAT bindings don't match.

OPTIONS generated by nathelper module are correctly sent from
udp:my_ip:5566. It is just mi_xmlrpc which seems to ignore 'socket'
column in 'location' table.

Please let me know if you need any more info on this issue.

Kind regards,
Chris

On 1 March 2010 06:57, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Sure it is possible. Do in cfg:
>    listen=udp:ip:5060
>    listen=udp:ip:5566
>    listen=tcp:ip:5060
>    listen=tcp:ip:5566
>
> And do not forget to set fork to yes.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Chris Maciejewski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know the answer to this question is probably "no", but wanted to
>> check with you.
>>
>> Is it possible to make one instance of opensips listen on two different ports?
>>
>> Lets say if I wanted opensips to listen on UDP/TCP 5060 and UDP/TCP 5566?
>>
>> Can this be done?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Chris

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> www.voice-system.ro

Re: Listening on two different ports?

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Lunes 08 Marzo 2010, Chris Maciejewski escribió:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Thanks for info. I managed to bind to two different ports 5060 and
> 5566 just fine.
>
> However it seems to me there is a problem with mi_xmlrpc module in
> this scenario.
>
> For example when I have Client 1 registered with my.domain:5566
> ('location' table shows correctly "udp:my_ip:5566" in 'socket' column)
> and I am sending OPTIONS with t_uac_dlg via MI RPC to the 'contact' of
> Client 1, OpenSIPs will send OPTIONS from udp:my_ip:5060 instead of
> udp:my_ip:5566 where REGISTER was received.
>
> As a result Client 1 (which is behind NAT) will not receive OPTIONS as
> NAT bindings don't match.
>
> OPTIONS generated by nathelper module are correctly sent from
> udp:my_ip:5566. It is just mi_xmlrpc which seems to ignore 'socket'
> column in 'location' table.
>
> Please let me know if you need any more info on this issue.

It would be better if you send such OPTIONS to the AoR so OpenSIPS would exec
lookup('location') and route the OPTIONS thought the appropriate socket.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Listening on two different ports?

Chris Maciejewski
Sorry Bogdan,

Ignore my email below. I missed 'socket' option in  't_uac_dlg' MI
function, as described at:
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id272529

Regards,
Chris

On 8 March 2010 16:28, Chris Maciejewski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Thanks for info. I managed to bind to two different ports 5060 and
> 5566 just fine.
>
> However it seems to me there is a problem with mi_xmlrpc module in
> this scenario.
>
> For example when I have Client 1 registered with my.domain:5566
> ('location' table shows correctly "udp:my_ip:5566" in 'socket' column)
> and I am sending OPTIONS with t_uac_dlg via MI RPC to the 'contact' of
> Client 1, OpenSIPs will send OPTIONS from udp:my_ip:5060 instead of
> udp:my_ip:5566 where REGISTER was received.
>
> As a result Client 1 (which is behind NAT) will not receive OPTIONS as
> NAT bindings don't match.
>
> OPTIONS generated by nathelper module are correctly sent from
> udp:my_ip:5566. It is just mi_xmlrpc which seems to ignore 'socket'
> column in 'location' table.
>
> Please let me know if you need any more info on this issue.
>
> Kind regards,
> Chris
>

> On 1 March 2010 06:57, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Sure it is possible. Do in cfg:
>>    listen=udp:ip:5060
>>    listen=udp:ip:5566
>>    listen=tcp:ip:5060
>>    listen=tcp:ip:5566
>>
>> And do not forget to set fork to yes.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Chris Maciejewski wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I know the answer to this question is probably "no", but wanted to
>>> check with you.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to make one instance of opensips listen on two different ports?
>>>
>>> Lets say if I wanted opensips to listen on UDP/TCP 5060 and UDP/TCP 5566?
>>>
>>> Can this be done?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Chris

>> --
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> www.voice-system.ro

Re: Listening on two different ports?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Chris,

yes, that is the right approach - you can force the outgoing socket via
the "socket" param.

Chris Maciejewski wrote:

> Sorry Bogdan,
>
> Ignore my email below. I missed 'socket' option in  't_uac_dlg' MI
> function, as described at:
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id272529
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> On 8 March 2010 16:28, Chris Maciejewski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bogdan,
>>
>> Thanks for info. I managed to bind to two different ports 5060 and
>> 5566 just fine.
>>
>> However it seems to me there is a problem with mi_xmlrpc module in
>> this scenario.
>>
>> For example when I have Client 1 registered with my.domain:5566
>> ('location' table shows correctly "udp:my_ip:5566" in 'socket' column)
>> and I am sending OPTIONS with t_uac_dlg via MI RPC to the 'contact' of
>> Client 1, OpenSIPs will send OPTIONS from udp:my_ip:5060 instead of
>> udp:my_ip:5566 where REGISTER was received.
>>
>> As a result Client 1 (which is behind NAT) will not receive OPTIONS as
>> NAT bindings don't match.
>>
>> OPTIONS generated by nathelper module are correctly sent from
>> udp:my_ip:5566. It is just mi_xmlrpc which seems to ignore 'socket'
>> column in 'location' table.
>>
>> Please let me know if you need any more info on this issue.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Chris
>>

>> On 1 March 2010 06:57, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> Sure it is possible. Do in cfg:
>>>    listen=udp:ip:5060
>>>    listen=udp:ip:5566
>>>    listen=tcp:ip:5060
>>>    listen=tcp:ip:5566
>>>
>>> And do not forget to set fork to yes.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bogdan

>>> --
>>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>>> www.voice-system.ro

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Listening on two different ports? Or two different addresses

Kenneth Löfstrand
Hi
I have a question that might be related. Honestly it's not an opensips
question, it happens when using openims but I get no answer from that
list so I thought it might be worth a try here. Please ignore this mail
if you think it doesn't belong to this list.

I have assigned two IP addresses to my p-cscf, one address towards the
access network and one towards core. The p-cscf was expected to use the
core address address when forwarding a sip message towards the other
cscf's and the access address when forwarding to the terminals but this
doesn't happen. A sip message that was received on the access interface
will be forwarded using the access IP address as source address. Could
this be handled in the script or does it have to be patched in the code?

Regards
Kenneth Löfstrand

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu skrev:

> Hi Chris,
>
> yes, that is the right approach - you can force the outgoing socket via
> the "socket" param.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Chris Maciejewski wrote:
>
>> Sorry Bogdan,
>>
>> Ignore my email below. I missed 'socket' option in  't_uac_dlg' MI
>> function, as described at:
>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id272529
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris
>>
>> On 8 March 2010 16:28, Chris Maciejewski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Bogdan,
>>>
>>> Thanks for info. I managed to bind to two different ports 5060 and
>>> 5566 just fine.
>>>
>>> However it seems to me there is a problem with mi_xmlrpc module in
>>> this scenario.
>>>
>>> For example when I have Client 1 registered with my.domain:5566
>>> ('location' table shows correctly "udp:my_ip:5566" in 'socket' column)
>>> and I am sending OPTIONS with t_uac_dlg via MI RPC to the 'contact' of
>>> Client 1, OpenSIPs will send OPTIONS from udp:my_ip:5060 instead of
>>> udp:my_ip:5566 where REGISTER was received.
>>>
>>> As a result Client 1 (which is behind NAT) will not receive OPTIONS as
>>> NAT bindings don't match.
>>>
>>> OPTIONS generated by nathelper module are correctly sent from
>>> udp:my_ip:5566. It is just mi_xmlrpc which seems to ignore 'socket'
>>> column in 'location' table.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you need any more info on this issue.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Chris

Re: Listening on two different ports? Or two different addresses

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Kenneth,

not sure what this openims is, but if something from the OpenSIPS
family, the normal behaviour is to preserve the socket (same inbound
socket will be used for outbound socket). But there are 2 exceptions:
    - if you cannot route across interface (totally different networks),
you may enable mhomed option and opensips will try to autodetect the
right outbound interface based on the destination IP
                http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn16#toc58
    - using from script force_send_socket("socket") - to force a
specific outbound interface.
                http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn16#toc101

Kenneth Löfstrand wrote:

> Hi
> I have a question that might be related. Honestly it's not an opensips
> question, it happens when using openims but I get no answer from that
> list so I thought it might be worth a try here. Please ignore this mail
> if you think it doesn't belong to this list.
>
> I have assigned two IP addresses to my p-cscf, one address towards the
> access network and one towards core. The p-cscf was expected to use the
> core address address when forwarding a sip message towards the other
> cscf's and the access address when forwarding to the terminals but this
> doesn't happen. A sip message that was received on the access interface
> will be forwarded using the access IP address as source address. Could
> this be handled in the script or does it have to be patched in the code?
>
> Regards
> Kenneth Löfstrand
>

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu skrev:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> yes, that is the right approach - you can force the outgoing socket via
>> the "socket" param.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Chris Maciejewski wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry Bogdan,
>>>
>>> Ignore my email below. I missed 'socket' option in  't_uac_dlg' MI
>>> function, as described at:
>>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/tm.html#id272529
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Chris

www.voice-system.ro

Re: Listening on two different ports? Or two different addresses

Kenneth Löfstrand
Thank you, Bogdan

mhomed solved my problem. OpenIMS is based on SER but obviously the
parameter is available also there.

Regards
Kenneth