Load Balancer - not balancing and double counting

Load Balancer - not balancing and double counting

Alec Fett
All calls are being routed to the first enabled destination.

The output after the first call from lb_list:
-----------------------------
entering fifo_cmd lb_list
Destination:: sip:XXXXXXXX.115 id=1 group=1 enabled=no auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
Destination:: sip:XXXXXXX.183 id=2 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=1
Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.10 id=3 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
FIFO command was:
:lb_list:opensips_receiver_23635
---------------------------------------

When the second simultaneous call comes in, it is routed to the same
destination, but the load balancer adds a count to both destinations:

entering fifo_cmd lb_list
Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.115 id=1 group=1 enabled=no auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.183 id=2 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=2
Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.10 id=3 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
    Resource:: ipr max=300 load=1
FIFO command was:
:lb_list:opensips_receiver_23635

The second call should have been routed to id:3 (XXXXXX.10). Load count
for id:3 is showing 1, but there there is no call active there.
Subsequent simultaneous calls continue this behavior of adding to both
enabled destinations, but actually get routed to the same (first)
destination.

Regards,

Alec

Re: Load Balancer - not balancing and double counting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Alec,

Actually the LB modules shows you have 3 ongoing calls (2 on the second
destination and 1 on the third - and this is correct from LB algorithm
point of view).

I tried to reproduce this (3 destinations, first disabled, firing 2 to 5
concurrent  calls with sipp), but no luck - everything was working ok.

Be sure you are using the last SVN version (1.5 or trunk). If the issue
still persists, please send me the logs (debug=6) and the sip trace
(ngrep)  covering all the calls.

Alec Fett wrote:

> All calls are being routed to the first enabled destination.
>
> The output after the first call from lb_list:
> -----------------------------
> entering fifo_cmd lb_list
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXXXX.115 id=1 group=1 enabled=no auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXXX.183 id=2 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=1
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.10 id=3 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
> FIFO command was:
> :lb_list:opensips_receiver_23635
> ---------------------------------------
>

> When the second simultaneous call comes in, it is routed to the same
> destination, but the load balancer adds a count to both destinations:

> entering fifo_cmd lb_list
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.115 id=1 group=1 enabled=no auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=0
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.183 id=2 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=2
> Destination:: sip:XXXXXX.10 id=3 group=1 enabled=yes auto-re=on
>     Resource:: ipr max=300 load=1
> FIFO command was:
> :lb_list:opensips_receiver_23635
>
> The second call should have been routed to id:3 (XXXXXX.10). Load count
> for id:3 is showing 1, but there there is no call active there.
> Subsequent simultaneous calls continue this behavior of adding to both
> enabled destinations, but actually get routed to the same (first)
> destination.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alec

Re: Load Balancer - not balancing and double counting

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Alec,

Indeed, thanks to the extra info you sent me I manage to discover a bug
in the new code for LB failover (in removing the dialog from the failed
profile).

Please update from SVN and it should work now.

Thanks and Regards,
Bogdan