Load balancing Conference System

Daniel Knoll
Hello Group,
I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and Conferences.
Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on the Conference Room number?
The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).

Thanx for your help
Daniel

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Jiang Jinke
Yes, you can use dialplan module with the drouting module to load
balance to calls to different conference server.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Group,
> I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and Conferences.
> Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on the Conference Room number?
> The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).
>
> Thanx for your help
> Daniel

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Daniel Knoll
Hi Jiang,
thanx for your answer. Sound good. What about the problem, that 2 Servers have different/his own MeetMe Channel for the same Room Number, or is openSIPS able to know the Room Number and routed callers for a room number (stored in mysql) always to the same server. the room Numbers in my database have an expiration Date and where delete on a defined time. I can't work with static drouting in config files.
Hope you understand, what i mean.

Daniel

Am 20.06.2010 um 13:52 schrieb Jiang Jinke:

Yes, you can use dialplan module with the drouting module to load
balance to calls to different conference server.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Group,
I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and Conferences.
Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on the Conference Room number?
The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).

Thanx for your help
Daniel

Daniel Knoll

Liberdastr. 9
12047 Berlin

fon +49 (0)179 20 16 50 8
mail [hidden email]
web
www.danielknoll.de

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Hasitha Lalinda
If you have a single DDI and have to enter the conference number to select the conference room once the call is answered, then OpenSIPS cannot identify the room number because OpenSIPS has no media  related capabilities.
If you have a dedicated DDI number for each conference room, load balancing can easily be done using drouting module.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Daniel,

I would rather suggest you to use the LB module - you can do LB to
multiple destination with variable number of channels. See the LB tutorial:
       http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutLoadbalancing

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro

Daniel Knoll wrote:

> Hi Jiang,
> thanx for your answer. Sound good. What about the problem, that 2
> Servers have different/his own MeetMe Channel for the same Room
> Number, or is openSIPS able to know the Room Number and routed callers
> for a room number (stored in mysql) always to the same server. the
> room Numbers in my database have an expiration Date and where delete
> on a defined time. I can't work with static drouting in config files.
> Hope you understand, what i mean.
>
> Daniel
>
> Am 20.06.2010 um 13:52 schrieb Jiang Jinke:
>
>> Yes, you can use dialplan module with the drouting module to load
>> balance to calls to different conference server.
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>> Hello Group,
>>> I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and
>>> Conferences.
>>> Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on
>>> the Conference Room number?
>>> The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).
>>>
>>> Thanx for your help
>>> Daniel
>
> Daniel Knoll
>
> Liberdastr. 9
> 12047 Berlin
>
> *fon* +49 (0)179 20 16 50 8*
> **mail* [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> *web* w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>a <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>i <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>k
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n <http://www.danielknoll.de/>o
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e <http://www.danielknoll.de/>

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Daniel Knoll
‎​Hi Bogdan,
Yes i read the documention, i prefer this method and it looks easy, but I fear that the LB allocates callers with the same conference Number to  different servers, because the asterisk meetme openend his own conference channel. On the side of the Caller:  they are in the same conference "room" but don't "see" the other callers. Do you understand what i mean?
I think i have to test this case.

Daniel Knoll wrote:

> Hi Jiang,
> thanx for your answer. Sound good. What about the problem, that 2
> Servers have different/his own MeetMe Channel for the same Room
> Number, or is openSIPS able to know the Room Number and routed callers
> for a room number (stored in mysql) always to the same server. the
> room Numbers in my database have an expiration Date and where delete
> on a defined time. I can't work with static drouting in config files.
> Hope you understand, what i mean.
>
> Daniel
>
> Am 20.06.2010 um 13:52 schrieb Jiang Jinke:
>
>> Yes, you can use dialplan module with the drouting module to load
>> balance to calls to different conference server.
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>> Hello Group,
>>> I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and
>>> Conferences.
>>> Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on
>>> the Conference Room number?
>>> The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).
>>>
>>> Thanx for your help
>>> Daniel
>
> Daniel Knoll
>
> Liberdastr. 9
> 12047 Berlin
>
> *fon* +49 (0)179 20 16 50 8*
> **mail* [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> *web* w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>a <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>i <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>k
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n <http://www.danielknoll.de/>o
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e <http://www.danielknoll.de/>

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Brett Nemeroff
Daniel,
If there is something like a database that opensips can query before delivering the call, then opensips would be able to direct the call to the appropriate sever. Doesn't sound like you can do a traditional load balance or else you'll create the same conf room on multiple servers which won't be able to talk to each other.

You'll need to either:
1. Join the conferences together
2. Have opensips track the creation of the conference room and "remember" which server is handling it.

Either way, you'll need a backend system tracking which server to use for which conference.
-Brett

Daniel Knoll wrote:
> Hi Jiang,
> thanx for your answer. Sound good. What about the problem, that 2
> Servers have different/his own MeetMe Channel for the same Room
> Number, or is openSIPS able to know the Room Number and routed callers
> for a room number (stored in mysql) always to the same server. the
> room Numbers in my database have an expiration Date and where delete
> on a defined time. I can't work with static drouting in config files.
> Hope you understand, what i mean.
>
> Daniel
>
> Am 20.06.2010 um 13:52 schrieb Jiang Jinke:
>
>> Yes, you can use dialplan module with the drouting module to load
>> balance to calls to different conference server.
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Knoll <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>> Hello Group,
>>> I have an Conferencing System (Asterisk meetme) with many Users and
>>> Conferences.
>>> Is it possible to load balance the Calls with opensSIPS depends on
>>> the Conference Room number?
>>> The Room Number is Stored in mysql Database (asterisk Realtime).
>>>
>>> Thanx for your help
>>> Daniel
>
> Daniel Knoll
>
> Liberdastr. 9
> 12047 Berlin
>
> *fon* +49 (0)179 20 16 50 8*
> **mail* [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> *web* w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w <http://www.danielknoll.de/>w
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>a <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>i <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>k
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>n <http://www.danielknoll.de/>o
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l <http://www.danielknoll.de/>l
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>. <http://www.danielknoll.de/>d
> <http://www.danielknoll.de/>e <http://www.danielknoll.de/>

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Daniel Knoll
Hi Brett, thanks for your thoughts,

> You'll need to either:
> 1. Join the conferences together
I think thats impossible, because Asterisk is not able to handle something like inter system communication (sharing channels on demand)

> 2. Have opensips track the creation of the conference room and "remember" which server is handling it.

thats the way, that is possible. do you know if opensip is able to made a MySQL select to an database (expand the meetme database to an LB ID Field) and redirect to a server depending on the result of LB ID field?
The logic, on which Server the Conference start can good implemented in Asterisk via Dialplan/Mysql.

Daniel

Re: Load balancing Conference System

Dovid Bender-2

Re: Load balancing Conference System

David J.-2
Dovid,

How do you do that using AMI?

On 6/23/10 4:39 PM, Dovid Bender wrote:

> [...]

osiris123d
Sounds like this conversation has finally gone over to the asterisk side.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Dovid Bender wrote:

> [...]
Hi Dovid,

a simple solution will be to split the IVR part (for inserting the room
number) and the conferencing part. Like:

OpenSIPS (proxy) -->conf@domain -->  Asterisk( IVR) --> room@domain ->
OpenSIPS (dispatcher over room number)  -> Asterisk (meetme)