Loadbalancer Query

ASHWINI NAIDU
Hi all,

    I wanted to know how many stateful transactions can opensips handle if loadbalancer is involved.

--
Thanking You,
Ashwini BR Naidu

Re: Loadbalancer Query

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Jueves, 8 de Octubre de 2009 14:50:30 ASHWINI NAIDU escribió:
> Hi all,
>
>     I wanted to know how many stateful transactions can opensips handle if
> loadbalancer is involved.

That's a too generic question, you have to take into account lot of more
things to do that estimation

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.

Re: Loadbalancer Query

Brett Nemeroff
*alot*

However --
Consider CPS, CPU power, memory, network, RTP, etc, etc, etc,

Too many variables to really answer. The only *real* way to answer your question is to load test your application. Try SIPP for load testing..
-Brett

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM, ASHWINI NAIDU <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

    I wanted to know how many stateful transactions can opensips handle if loadbalancer is involved.

--
Thanking You,
Ashwini BR Naidu

Re: Loadbalancer Query

Note that if LB is used, opensips is not only transaction aware, but
dialog aware - it also keep dialog state.

How many? depends on your hardware and script - hard to tell.

In the next days we will publish some performance tests for opensips
with some verious basic configuration.