Loadbalancing/Failover with 1.4

Uwe Kastens
Hello,

I have the following setup:

UA <> opensips <> asterik1 to asterisk3 <> pstn-gw

With the dispatching module its easy to handle the calls from UA to
pstn. The other way is the tricky one, since the pstn-gw will route the
calls randomly to one of the asterisk-server. So I need a stable
solution to route all sip-packets belonging to one dialog to the
asterisk-server the communication was started.

How can I solve this? route-header for the asterisk-server will cause,
that some requests are routed directly between UA and asterisk (BYE).

BR

Kiste
--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586

Re: Loadbalancing/Failover with 1.4

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Uwe,

First of all, route via dispatcher only initial requests (without totag)
and use record-route on the dispatcher box. This will force BYEs from
PSTN to be routed via the same servers.