Lync Client through OpenSIPS

Jens Grönningberg
Hi! Has someone managed to get the Microsoft Lync client communicate with
the Lync Server through OpenSIPS? I tried but the Lync Server behaved
differently, refusing to send BENOTIFY requests. This caused presence not
to work properly, and IM not to work at all. I would be happy to hear if
someone had success with this.

Thanks.

Re: Lync Client through OpenSIPS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello Jens,

I successfully integrated OpenSIPS (acting as SBC) with Lync, typically
for calls (no presence and IM).

What kind o integration are you trying to do (what is the purpose of
OpenSIPs in your network) ?

On 06/13/2013 12:03 PM, Jens Grönningberg wrote:

> Hi! Has someone managed to get the Microsoft Lync client communicate with
> the Lync Server through OpenSIPS? I tried but the Lync Server behaved
> differently, refusing to send BENOTIFY requests. This caused presence not
> to work properly, and IM not to work at all. I would be happy to hear if
> someone had success with this.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Lync Client through OpenSIPS

Jens Grönningberg
Hi Bogdan,

thanks for your response. We use OpenSIPS to take care of NAT traversal in a server that acts as the firewall for our organization. It already works for normal calls. Now we need to be able to get Lync clients from the Internet to be able to connect to the Lync server through our OpenSIPS. That's what we are having trouble with. OpenSIPS seems to do everything fine according to the network captures of the SIP traffic I've made. It is the Lync server who seems to behave differently when the SIP traffic is passing through OpenSIPS. I already asked in Microsoft forums without luck, that's why I wanted to ask here whether someone successfully achieved this kind of integration.

Thanks. Regards,

Jens

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jens,

I successfully integrated OpenSIPS (acting as SBC) with Lync, typically
for calls (no presence and IM).

What kind o integration are you trying to do (what is the purpose of
OpenSIPs in your network) ?

On 06/13/2013 12:03 PM, Jens Grönningberg wrote:
> Hi! Has someone managed to get the Microsoft Lync client communicate with
> the Lync Server through OpenSIPS? I tried but the Lync Server behaved
> differently, refusing to send BENOTIFY requests. This caused presence not
> to work properly, and IM not to work at all. I would be happy to hear if
> someone had success with this.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Lync Client through OpenSIPS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hello Jens,

Try to do topology hiding on OpenSIPS based on dialog module (for calls between Lync clients and Lync server) - I remember Lync having some issues with dealing with a proxy.

On 06/17/2013 01:32 PM, Jens Grönningberg wrote:
Hi Bogdan,

thanks for your response. We use OpenSIPS to take care of NAT traversal in a server that acts as the firewall for our organization. It already works for normal calls. Now we need to be able to get Lync clients from the Internet to be able to connect to the Lync server through our OpenSIPS. That's what we are having trouble with. OpenSIPS seems to do everything fine according to the network captures of the SIP traffic I've made. It is the Lync server who seems to behave differently when the SIP traffic is passing through OpenSIPS. I already asked in Microsoft forums without luck, that's why I wanted to ask here whether someone successfully achieved this kind of integration.

Thanks. Regards,

Jens

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Jens,

I successfully integrated OpenSIPS (acting as SBC) with Lync, typically
for calls (no presence and IM).

What kind o integration are you trying to do (what is the purpose of
OpenSIPs in your network) ?

On 06/13/2013 12:03 PM, Jens Grönningberg wrote:
> Hi! Has someone managed to get the Microsoft Lync client communicate with
> the Lync Server through OpenSIPS? I tried but the Lync Server behaved
> differently, refusing to send BENOTIFY requests. This caused presence not
> to work properly, and IM not to work at all. I would be happy to hear if
> someone had success with this.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Lync Client through OpenSIPS

Spady#7
Hi jen,
Why you don't use edge server? Is used just to do what you are trying to do with opensips.