[MI] - flush support

Last week I added in OpenSIPS 1.5 an extension to MI (Management
Interface) that allow a module to flush partial MI replies to the
transport layer.

This extension wants to fix a bug/limitation from previous versions:
trying to print a large amount of data from OpenSIPS to the outside.

Ex: opensipsctl ul show  may fail if you have a large number of
subscribers registered, because the private memory is not enough for
building the list with all the subscriber, so this command may
consistently fail

There is the same for other commands like listing the dialogs.

With the new extension, the reply data is transfered in chunks
(periodically flushed) to the transport layer, so the available memory
will not be a limitation.

So, in OpenSIPS 1.5, the Management Interface has no limitation when
comes in transfering large amounts of data (registered users, dialogs,
etc). This allow the smooth size scaling of OpenSIPS without any penalties.

Re: [MI] - flush support

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/2/17 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Last week I added in OpenSIPS 1.5 an extension to MI (Management
> Interface) that allow a module to flush partial MI replies to the
> transport layer.
>
> This extension wants to fix a bug/limitation from previous versions:
> trying to print a large amount of data from OpenSIPS to the outside.
>
> Ex: opensipsctl ul show  may fail if you have a large number of
> subscribers registered, because the private memory is not enough for
> building the list with all the subscriber, so this command may
> consistently fail
>
> There is the same for other commands like listing the dialogs.
>

> With the new extension, the reply data is transfered in chunks
> (periodically flushed) to the transport layer, so the available memory
> will not be a limitation.
>
> So, in OpenSIPS 1.5, the Management Interface has no limitation when
> comes in transfering large amounts of data (registered users, dialogs,
> etc). This allow the smooth size scaling of OpenSIPS without any penalties.

Great news :)

<[hidden email]>