MWI light on cisco phones

brian southworth

Hi All,

I have been trying for a while now I have the mail box registered using active watchers table.

I have presence and presence_mwi modules installed.

I use sipsak to send a notify packet from the media server (voicemail server asterisk) over to the opensips proxy, I can see from sip traces and TCP dump that the notify packet reaches the phone and the 200 ok comes back but it doesn’t turn the MWI light on or off.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong ? I am also using the following in my sip file:

CSeq: 201 NOTIFY

Event: message-summary

Messages-Waiting: no

Voicemail: 0/0

Regards,

Brian Southworth

Communications Developer

Re: MWI light on cisco phones

SamyGo
Hi Brian,

What do you mean by "sip file" you mean the sipsak is sending that sample packet, are you sure that the phone is receiving and NOTIFY with the Message-Waiting=yes and Voicemail=1/0/43 data in them. It seems form your sample packet that phone wont blink a light unless there is an actual message waiting for the user.

Regards,
Sammy