Manipulate SIP clients "Allow" methods when registering

Manipulate SIP clients "Allow" methods when registering

osiris123d
I have an issue with Snom Phones. They support the SIP method "MESSAGE" and when my SIP SIMPLE clients IM each other the Snom phone also receives the IM. This is annoying because you will always need to press cancel on the phone to get rid of the messages. I've posted on the Snom forum and I don't think it is possible to disable the SIP MESSAGE option. I was wondering if there was any way to manipulate the "methods=" before the user is registered and placed in the location table? Any thoughts on this?

Re: Manipulate SIP clients "Allow" methods when registering

osiris123d
I am trying to edit the Contact Header for the Register message before it is saved.  Here is what the contact header looks like

Contact: <sip:9000@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:46356;line=bwb1k55g>;reg-id=1;q=1.0;audio;mobility="fixed";duplex="full";description="snom720";actor="principal";events="dialog";methods="INVITE,ACK,CANCEL,BYE,REFER,OPTIONS,NOTIFY,SUBSCRIBE,PRACK,MESSAGE,INFO".

Any idea on how to use the subst() function in order to remove the MESSAGE (and the comma too) part from the contact header??