Media Proxy on hold timeout

Mauro Davì

Hi All,

I set the on hold timeout to 10 seconds, I do a call with to sip client. After a dialog is established I kill one of the two client, but after 10 seconds the opensips server never receive the dlg_end_dlg command.

Can onybody tell me what I’m wrong?

Thanks a lot

     MD

Re: Media Proxy on hold timeout

Dan Pascu
On Friday 13 March 2009, Mauro Davi' wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I set the on hold timeout to 10 seconds, I do a call with to sip
> client. After a dialog is established I kill one of the two client, but
> after 10 seconds the opensips server never receive the dlg_end_dlg
> command.
>

> Can onybody tell me what I'm wrong?

The hold timeout applies to the case when a call is put on hold. If you
kill your phones, the call is still active (not on hold) and will expire
when the kernel conntrack rule expires (3 minutes by default). Also if
you only kill one client, the other may keep sending media and the
conntrack rule may not expire since it's constantly refreshed.

--
Dan