Media-proxy/relay on Amazon Cloud

SamyGo
Hello,

I may sound little stupid in asking if we can run only media-proxy on amazon cloud. The dispatcher still works with the dedicated instance of OpenSIPS on different location but the media-relay be setup on Amzon cloud with 1:1 NAT and dispatcher could possibly use that relay whenever required !!

I believe that media-proxy is not going to accept it , but just wanted to know if there are any possibilities I may be missing.

Thanks,
Sammy Go.

Re: Media-proxy/relay on Amazon Cloud

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi,

On Oct 2, 2012, at 6:33 AM, SamyGo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I may sound little stupid in asking if we can run only media-proxy on amazon cloud. The dispatcher still works with the dedicated instance of OpenSIPS on different location but the media-relay be setup on Amzon cloud with 1:1 NAT and dispatcher could possibly use that relay whenever required !!
>
> I believe that media-proxy is not going to accept it , but just wanted to know if there are any possibilities I may be missing.

MediaProxy is designed to work on the public Internet, not behind NAT, so no, it will not work on that environment.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Media-proxy/relay on Amazon Cloud

SamyGo
Hi,
Yes Thats what I expected. tried the Elastix IP and its same problem as someone else here couple days ago "Cannot use port pair 54692/54693" - and So its the same on NAT.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Regards,
Sammy

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Oct 2, 2012, at 6:33 AM, SamyGo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I may sound little stupid in asking if we can run only media-proxy on amazon cloud. The dispatcher still works with the dedicated instance of OpenSIPS on different location but the media-relay be setup on Amzon cloud with 1:1 NAT and dispatcher could possibly use that relay whenever required !!
>
> I believe that media-proxy is not going to accept it , but just wanted to know if there are any possibilities I may be missing.

MediaProxy is designed to work on the public Internet, not behind NAT, so no, it will not work on that environment.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Media-proxy/relay on Amazon Cloud

Anshuman S. Rawat

I haven't used or seen how media-proxy works but I did use re-Turn (which does media relaying too) on the Amazon cloud. It did not run off the shelf and had to be modified to associate itself to the public IP address of that instance. After that, no NAT issues as such.

Regards,
Anshuman