MediaProxy call termination

Mauro Davì

Hi All,

I have a question. If the RTP stream don’t pass trough the Media proxy after a timeout the call is closed.

Tha call control module receive the stop event correctly, but in the account table isn’t present the BYE message (the call is closed by the Media Proxy).

There is a way to write in the accounting table the BYE message?

Thanks in advance

            MD

Re: MediaProxy call termination

Iñaki Baz Castillo
2009/3/5 Mauro Davi' <[hidden email]>:
> Hi All,
> Tha call control module receive the stop event correctly, but in the account
> table isn’t present the BYE message (the call is closed by the Media Proxy).
>
> There is a way to write in the accounting table the BYE message?

Read mediaproxy documentation. Mediaproxy can account the call STOP
using Radius or MySQL (but it requires using radact table).

<[hidden email]>

Re: MediaProxy call termination

Dan Pascu
On Thursday 05 March 2009, Mauro Davi' wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a question. If the RTP stream don't pass trough the Media proxy
> after a timeout the call is closed.
>

> Tha call control module receive the stop event correctly, but in the
> account table isn't present the BYE message (the call is closed by the
> Media Proxy).
>

> There is a way to write in the accounting table the BYE message?

You need to call the accounting functions explicitly in local_route for
the internally generated BYEs as they do not trigger accounting by just
setting the accounting flag. Something like this:

local_route {
    if (method=="BYE") {
        acc_rad_request("Internally generated BYE");

Dan

R: MediaProxy call termination

Mauro Davì
Thanks Dan,

this solution works only for opensips 1.5. Is it correct?

Thanks a lot
        MD

On Thursday 05 March 2009, Mauro Davi' wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a question. If the RTP stream don't pass trough the Media proxy
> after a timeout the call is closed.
>

> Tha call control module receive the stop event correctly, but in the
> account table isn't present the BYE message (the call is closed by the
> Media Proxy).
>

> There is a way to write in the accounting table the BYE message?

You need to call the accounting functions explicitly in local_route for
the internally generated BYEs as they do not trigger accounting by just
setting the accounting flag. Something like this:

local_route {
    if (method=="BYE") {
        acc_rad_request("Internally generated BYE");

Dan

Re: R: MediaProxy call termination

Dan Pascu
On Friday 06 March 2009, Mauro Davi' wrote:
> Thanks Dan,
>
> this solution works only for opensips 1.5. Is it correct?

Incorrect. It works with any opensips that was released.

--
Dan