Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Shehzad
Hello,
I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from existing working configuration of other system.

According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and can make calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both sides (Caller and Callee).

Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 36, in callWithContext
    return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 59, in callWithContext
    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 37, in callWithContext
    return func(*args,**kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py", line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
    why = selectable.doRead()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line 126, in doRead
    self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line 121, in datagramReceived
    self.cb_func(host, port, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line 199, in got_data
    self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line 249, in check_create_conntrack
    self.forwarding_rule = _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote, self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local, self.stream.session.mark)
mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or directory


What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media? Is there anything missing in Mediaproxy?

Thanks for any support.

-
Shehzad
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
The last line about the conntrack kernel module support. Check out that.

On 06/06/2009, Shehzad <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hello,
> I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
> All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from existing
> working configuration of other system.
>
> According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and can make
> calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
> But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both sides
> (Caller and Callee).
>
> Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
> When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 36, in
> callWithContext
>     return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
> 59, in callWithContext
>     return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
> 37, in callWithContext
>     return func(*args,**kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
> line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
>     why = selectable.doRead()
> --- <exception caught here> ---
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line 126,
> in doRead
>     self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 121, in datagramReceived
>     self.cb_func(host, port, data)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 199, in got_data
>     self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 249, in check_create_conntrack
>     self.forwarding_rule = _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote,
> self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local,
> self.stream.session.mark)
> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or directory
>
>
> What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media? Is
> there anything missing in Mediaproxy?
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> -
> Shehzad
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://n2.nabble.com/Mediaproxy%3A-No-Media-and-call-ends-with-error-tp3034476p3034476.html
> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Shehzad
I think that for conntrack support in kernel, It require libnetfilter_conntrack and its devel package:
These two package were already installed on the system:
libnetfilter-conntrack-dev        0.0.96-1                 Development files for libnetfilter-conntrack
libnetfilter-conntrack1           0.0.96-1                 Netfilter netlink-conntrack library

Even after that I installed libnetfilter_conntrack-0.0.97 (from source) but the behaviour remains same.

Anybody let me know if I am wrong and it require something more else for enabling conntrack support in kernel.

Thanks.
-msp

libnetfilter_conntrack-0.0.97
Gavin Henry wrote
The last line about the conntrack kernel module support. Check out that.

On 06/06/2009, Shehzad <pmhshz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
> All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from existing
> working configuration of other system.
>
> According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and can make
> calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
> But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both sides
> (Caller and Callee).
>
> Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
> When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 36, in
> callWithContext
>     return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
> 59, in callWithContext
>     return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
> 37, in callWithContext
>     return func(*args,**kw)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
> line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
>     why = selectable.doRead()
> --- <exception caught here> ---
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line 126,
> in doRead
>     self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 121, in datagramReceived
>     self.cb_func(host, port, data)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 199, in got_data
>     self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
> 249, in check_create_conntrack
>     self.forwarding_rule = _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote,
> self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local,
> self.stream.session.mark)
> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or directory
>
>
> What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media? Is
> there anything missing in Mediaproxy?
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> -
> Shehzad
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://n2.nabble.com/Mediaproxy%3A-No-Media-and-call-ends-with-error-tp3034476p3034476.html
> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@lists.opensips.org
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@lists.opensips.org
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
We have the same problem on another server and can't resolve it.

2009/6/8 Shehzad <[hidden email]>:

>
> I think that for conntrack support in kernel, It require
> libnetfilter_conntrack and its devel package:
> These two package were already installed on the system:
> libnetfilter-conntrack-dev        0.0.96-1                 Development files
> for libnetfilter-conntrack
> libnetfilter-conntrack1           0.0.96-1                 Netfilter
> netlink-conntrack library
>
> Even after that I installed libnetfilter_conntrack-0.0.97 (from source) but
> the behaviour remains same.
>
> Anybody let me know if I am wrong and it require something more else for
> enabling conntrack support in kernel.
>
> Thanks.
> -msp
>
> libnetfilter_conntrack-0.0.97
>
> Gavin Henry wrote:
>>
>> The last line about the conntrack kernel module support. Check out that.
>>
>> On 06/06/2009, Shehzad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
>>> All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from existing
>>> working configuration of other system.
>>>
>>> According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and can
>>> make
>>> calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
>>> But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both sides
>>> (Caller and Callee).
>>>
>>> Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
>>> When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:
>>>
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 36,
>>> in
>>> callWithContext
>>>     return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
>>> 59, in callWithContext
>>>     return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line
>>> 37, in callWithContext
>>>     return func(*args,**kw)
>>>   File
>>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
>>> line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
>>>     why = selectable.doRead()
>>> --- <exception caught here> ---
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line
>>> 126,
>>> in doRead
>>>     self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
>>> line
>>> 121, in datagramReceived
>>>     self.cb_func(host, port, data)
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
>>> line
>>> 199, in got_data
>>>     self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
>>> line
>>> 249, in check_create_conntrack
>>>     self.forwarding_rule = _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote,
>>> self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local,
>>> self.stream.session.mark)
>>> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or directory
>>>
>>>
>>> What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media? Is
>>> there anything missing in Mediaproxy?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any support.
>>>
>>> -
>>> Shehzad
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/Mediaproxy%3A-No-Media-and-call-ends-with-error-tp3034476p3034476.html
>>> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>>
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my mobile device
>>
>> http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
>> http://www.suretectelecom.com
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Mediaproxy%3A-No-Media-and-call-ends-with-error-tp3034476p3041427.html
> Sent from the OpenSIPS - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
>



--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 10:01:58 Gavin Henry escribió:
> We have the same problem on another server and can't resolve it.

Just and advise:

run it like this:

strace media-proxy --no-fork

And you will see what file it doesn't find.

I suppose that it is a matter of perms over the filesystem.

We rung mediaproxy 2.3.4 without any problem in our systems.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
2009/6/8 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:

> On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 10:01:58 Gavin Henry escribió:
>> We have the same problem on another server and can't resolve it.
>
> Just and advise:
>
> run it like this:
>
> strace media-proxy --no-fork
>
> And you will see what file it doesn't find.
>
> I suppose that it is a matter of perms over the filesystem.
>
> We rung mediaproxy 2.3.4 without any problem in our systems.

That doesn't erally show anything.

On one of our boxes that has conntrack built into the kernel and not a
module we are getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):

          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py",
line 36, in callWithContext
            return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
line 59, in callWithContext
            return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
line 37, in callWithContext
            return func(*args,**kw)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
            why = selectable.doRead()
        --- <exception caught here> ---
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py",
line 126, in doRead
            self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
line 121, in datagramReceived
            self.cb_func(host, port, data)
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
line 199, in got_data
            self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
          File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
line 249, in check_create_conntrack
            self.forwarding_rule =
_conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote, self.caller.local,
self.callee.remote, self.callee.local, self.stream.session.mark)
        mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or
directory

The 2.3.4 debs were built on that box too.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 12:30:30 Gavin Henry escribió:

> 2009/6/8 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:
> > On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 10:01:58 Gavin Henry escribió:
> >> We have the same problem on another server and can't resolve it.
> >
> > Just and advise:
> >
> > run it like this:
> >
> > strace media-proxy --no-fork
> >
> > And you will see what file it doesn't find.
> >
> > I suppose that it is a matter of perms over the filesystem.
> >
> > We rung mediaproxy 2.3.4 without any problem in our systems.
>
> That doesn't erally show anything.
>
> On one of our boxes that has conntrack built into the kernel and not a
> module we are getting:


>         mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or
> directory

This means that it could not write to someplace ... probably /proc/net ..
strace should tell you what file it is trying to access and not found.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
2009/6/8 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:

> On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 12:30:30 Gavin Henry escribió:
>> 2009/6/8 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:
>> > On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 10:01:58 Gavin Henry escribió:
>> >> We have the same problem on another server and can't resolve it.
>> >
>> > Just and advise:
>> >
>> > run it like this:
>> >
>> > strace media-proxy --no-fork
>> >
>> > And you will see what file it doesn't find.
>> >
>> > I suppose that it is a matter of perms over the filesystem.
>> >
>> > We rung mediaproxy 2.3.4 without any problem in our systems.
>>
>> That doesn't erally show anything.
>>
>> On one of our boxes that has conntrack built into the kernel and not a
>> module we are getting:
>
>
>>         mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or
>> directory
>
> This means that it could not write to someplace ... probably /proc/net ..
> strace should tell you what file it is trying to access and not found.

I still can't see anything. I can see entries in /proc/net/ip_conntrack

I've even tested them running as root in case of perms. media* is
normally started via the debian init scripts.

I do see:

Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:core:udp_send:
sendto(sock,0x81760a8,962,0,0xb5c1ad80,16): Operation not permitted(1)
Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:tm:msg_send: udp_send failed
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]:
############################## NEW REQUEST RECEIVED
##############################
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: request from X.X.X.1 [Mon Jun
 8 15:04:11 2009]: INVITE sip:[hidden email] -> <null>:
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: request from X.X.X.1 [Mon Jun
 8 15:04:11 2009]:   Request: INVITE <null>
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: From:
sip:[hidden email];tag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: To: sip:[hidden email];tag=860b9f64
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: SIP message-id: 406
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: Call-id:
120719e4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69@siphost
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: CSeq: 2
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]: Contact:
<sip:[hidden email].1:40296;rinstance=c79d4afddbdf4ab4>
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]:   Message Body: SIP/2.0 200
OK^M Via: SIP/2.0/UDP X.X.X.2;branch=z9hG4bK3655.43f299b4.0^M Via:
SIP/2.0/UDP X.X.X.1:5060;received=X.X.X.1;branch=z9hG4bK8eb732e4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69;rport=5060^M
Record-Route: <sip:[hidden email]:5060;lr;ftag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69>^M
Contact: <sip:[hidden email].1:40296;rinstance=c79d4afddbdf4ab4>^M To:
<sip:[hidden email]>;tag=860b9f64^M From: "Joe
Blogs"<sip:[hidden email]>;tag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69^M
Call-ID: 120719e4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69@siphost^M CSeq: 2
INVITE^M Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY,
MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, INFO^M Content-Type: application/sdp^M User-Agent:
eyeBeam release 1102u stamp 52344^M Warning: 305 devnull "no common
codec for video"^M Content-Length: 212^M ^M v=0^M o=- 0 2 IN IP4
192.168.X.X^M s=CounterPath eyeBeam 1.5^M c=IN IP4 192.168.X.X^M t=0
0^M m=audio 38514 RTP/AVP 0 8 101^M a=fmtp:101 0
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-dispatcher[27753]: debug: Issuing
"update" command to relay at X.X.X.2
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]:
############################## NEW REQUEST RECEIVED
##############################
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: request from X.X.X.1 [Mon Jun
 8 15:04:11 2009]: ACK sip:[hidden email] ->
sip:[hidden email].1:40296;rinstance=c79d4afddbdf4ab4:
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: request from X.X.X.1 [Mon Jun
 8 15:04:11 2009]:   Request: ACK
sip:[hidden email].1:40296;rinstance=c79d4afddbdf4ab4
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: From:
sip:[hidden email];tag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: To: sip:[hidden email];tag=860b9f64
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: SIP message-id: 434
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: Call-id:
120719e4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69@siphost
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: CSeq: 2
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]: Contact: <sip:[hidden email].1>
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22595]:   Message Body: ACK
sip:[hidden email].1:40296;rinstance=c79d4afddbdf4ab4 SIP/2.0^M Route:
<sip:[hidden email]:5060;lr;ftag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69>^M
CSeq: 2 ACK^M Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
X.X.X.1:5060;branch=z9hG4bKce65e0e8-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69;rport^M
From: "Joe Blogs"
<sip:[hidden email]>;tag=dc3a1be4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69^M
Call-ID: 120719e4-a252-de11-85f7-001d09097b69@siphost^M To:
<sip:[hidden email]>;tag=860b9f64^M Contact: <sip:[hidden email].1>^M
Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="1000", realm="xx.xx.co.uk",
nonce="4a2d1a710000020e92492c79c2dad9a7029ad73c0b05ac4a",
uri="sip:[hidden email].1:40296", algorithm=MD5,
response="3db0125fa5165aedb0676c7aa460ffa9"^M Content-Length: 0^M
Max-Forwards: 70^M ^M
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line 36, in
callWithContext
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     return
context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 59,
in callWithContext
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     return
self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py", line 37,
in callWithContext
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     return func(*args,**kw)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/epollreactor.py",
line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     why = selectable.doRead()
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]: --- <exception caught here> ---
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py", line 126,
in doRead
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:
self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
121, in datagramReceived
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     self.cb_func(host, port, data)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
199, in got_data
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:
self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py", line
249, in check_create_conntrack
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:     self.forwarding_rule =
_conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote, self.caller.local,
self.callee.remote, self.callee.local, self.stream.session.mark)
Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip media-relay[27756]:
mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or
directory

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 15:14:47 Gavin Henry escribió:

> Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:core:udp_send:
> sendto(sock,0x81760a8,962,0,0xb5c1ad80,16): Operation not permitted(1)
> Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:tm:msg_send: udp_send failed
> Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]:

Only this .. is telling you that something is not ok with the network config,
maybe you have firewall rules activated, or you are trying to rewrite some
address and using one that is not set up on the interfaces.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Ruud Klaver
In reply to this post by Shehzad
Hi,

On 06 Jun 2009, at 08:33, Shehzad wrote:

>
> Hello,
> I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
> All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from  
> existing
> working configuration of other system.
>
> According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and  
> can make
> calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
> But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both  
> sides
> (Caller and Callee).
>
> Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
> When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line  
> 36, in
> callWithContext
>    return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",  
> line
> 59, in callWithContext
>    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args,  
> **kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",  
> line
> 37, in callWithContext
>    return func(*args,**kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
> epollreactor.py",
> line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
>    why = selectable.doRead()
> --- <exception caught here> ---
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py",  
> line 126,
> in doRead
>    self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",  
> line
> 121, in datagramReceived
>    self.cb_func(host, port, data)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",  
> line
> 199, in got_data
>    self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",  
> line
> 249, in check_create_conntrack
>    self.forwarding_rule =  
> _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote,
> self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local,
> self.stream.session.mark)
> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or  
> directory
>
>
> What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media?  
> Is
> there anything missing in Mediaproxy?
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> -
> Shehzad

This is could be caused by a number of things:
- A rule cannot be inserted into the "PREROUTING" chain of the  
iptables "raw" table
- The "NOTRACK" iptables target is not found
- Connection tracking rule manipulation does not work

The first two are easily test by adding a dummy iptables rule, such as  
"iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK". Try to see if  
this works. If it does, perhaps some modules are automatically  
installed by doing this, so after this you would be able to use  
mediaproxy (maybe you forgot "modprobe ip_tables" that is normally  
performed by the init script?).

Conntrack manipulation is a bit harder to check, but you can at least  
see if you can read connection tracking entries by installing the  
conntrack tool and doing "conntrack -L".

Please let me know what the results of these tests are.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Darren Sessions-2
In reply to this post by Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Typically, whenever I've gotten these types of error messages, it's  
been because of the firewall rules.

I'd disable your firewall and do a process of elimination (even if  
it's not your firewall).

- Darren


On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:58 AM, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:

> On Lunes, 8 de Junio de 2009 15:14:47 Gavin Henry escribió:
>
>> Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:core:udp_send:
>> sendto(sock,0x81760a8,962,0,0xb5c1ad80,16): Operation not  
>> permitted(1)
>> Jun  8 15:04:10 testsip opensips[22594]: ERROR:tm:msg_send:  
>> udp_send failed
>> Jun  8 15:04:11 testsip opensips[22591]:
>
> Only this .. is telling you that something is not ok with the  
> network config,
> maybe you have firewall rules activated, or you are trying to  
> rewrite some
> address and using one that is not set up on the interfaces.
>
> --
> Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
> Dimensión Virtual S.L.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users


_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
In reply to this post by Ruud Klaver
 This is could be caused by a number of things:

> - A rule cannot be inserted into the "PREROUTING" chain of the
> iptables "raw" table
> - The "NOTRACK" iptables target is not found
> - Connection tracking rule manipulation does not work
>
> The first two are easily test by adding a dummy iptables rule, such as
> "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK". Try to see if
> this works. If it does, perhaps some modules are automatically
> installed by doing this, so after this you would be able to use
> mediaproxy (maybe you forgot "modprobe ip_tables" that is normally
> performed by the init script?).

siptest:~# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK
iptables: Invalid argument

Jun  8 21:38:18 siptest kernel: ip_tables: NOTRACK target: only valid
in raw table, not nat

This could be the simple answer due to the fact we are on a hosted kvm
virtual machine:

siptest:~# modprobe ip_tables
FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.29.2-bytemark-kvm-tickless-2009-05-05/modules.dep: No
such file or directory
siptest:~# lsmod
Opening /proc/modules: No such file or directory

I don't think this will ever work, although I did raise this with the
hosting company at the time and received this reply:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Can you help me here?
>
> siptest:~# modprobe nf-conntrack
> FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.29.2-bytemark-kvm-tickless-
> 2009-05-05/modules.dep: No such file or directory

  Our kernels are not compiled with module support...

> siptest:~# depmod
> WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.29.2-bytemark-kvm-
> tickless-2009-05-05: No such file or directory

  So this fails.


> siptest:~# ls /boot/
> config-2.6.27.4  grub  initrd.img-2.6.27.4  initrd.img-2.6.27.4.bak
> System.map-2.6.27.4  vmlinuz-2.6.27.4

  Take a look at the config file, or /proc/config.gz and you'll
 see that NF_CONNTRACK is set:

kvm1:~# zgrep CONNTRACK= /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_CONNTRACK=y
kvm1:~# uname -r
2.6.29.4-bytemark-kvm-tickless-2009-05-20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>
> Conntrack manipulation is a bit harder to check, but you can at least
> see if you can read connection tracking entries by installing the
> conntrack tool and doing "conntrack -L".

siptest:~# conntrack -L
Operation failed: invalid parameters


> Please let me know what the results of these tests are.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Monday 08 June 2009 21:44:02 Gavin Henry wrote:
> This could be the simple answer due to the fact we are on a hosted kvm
> virtual machine:

So you are running on a virtual environment with monolitic kernel without
module support, also without conn_track support on the kernel.
Umm .. you will have no luck trying to run mediaproxy on that host.


--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
2009/6/8 Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana <[hidden email]>:
> On Monday 08 June 2009 21:44:02 Gavin Henry wrote:
>> This could be the simple answer due to the fact we are on a hosted kvm
>> virtual machine:
>
> So you are running on a virtual environment with monolitic kernel without
> module support, also without conn_track support on the kernel.
> Umm .. you will have no luck trying to run mediaproxy on that host.

OK, good (or bad) to know.

Thanks and time for a refund.

Gavin.

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Ruud Klaver
In reply to this post by Gavin Henry

On 08 Jun 2009, at 22:44, Gavin Henry wrote:
>
> siptest:~# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK
> iptables: Invalid argument
>
> Jun  8 21:38:18 siptest kernel: ip_tables: NOTRACK target: only valid
> in raw table, not nat

Oops! Obviously I meant for you to add that to the "raw" table, so "-t  
raw" would be in order.

>> Can you help me here?
>>
>> siptest:~# modprobe nf-conntrack
>> FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.29.2-bytemark-kvm-tickless-
>> 2009-05-05/modules.dep: No such file or directory
>
>  Our kernels are not compiled with module support...
>

That's not a good sign, but it could work provided that everything you  
need is compiled statically into the kernel...

> siptest:~# conntrack -L
> Operation failed: invalid parameters

If even listing conntrack entries doesn't work then you're pretty much  
lost at sea.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Gavin Henry
2009/6/9 Ruud Klaver <[hidden email]>:

>
> On 08 Jun 2009, at 22:44, Gavin Henry wrote:
>>
>> siptest:~# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK
>> iptables: Invalid argument
>>
>> Jun  8 21:38:18 siptest kernel: ip_tables: NOTRACK target: only valid
>> in raw table, not nat
>
> Oops! Obviously I meant for you to add that to the "raw" table, so "-t raw"
> would be in order.

OK, that works fine.

>
>>> Can you help me here?
>>>
>>> siptest:~# modprobe nf-conntrack
>>> FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.29.2-bytemark-kvm-tickless-
>>> 2009-05-05/modules.dep: No such file or directory
>>
>>  Our kernels are not compiled with module support...
>>
>
> That's not a good sign, but it could work provided that everything you need
> is compiled statically into the kernel...

They've updated the kernel for me today and I've rebooted into it now.

>
>> siptest:~# conntrack -L
>> Operation failed: invalid parameters
>
> If even listing conntrack entries doesn't work then you're pretty much lost
> at sea.


This now works and I'll test again.

Thanks.


--
http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/
http://www.suretectelecom.com

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.opensips.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users