Mediaproxy Relays on a multi-homed box ?

Mediaproxy Relays on a multi-homed box ?

Gordon Ross
Is it possible to run mediaproxy relays on a multi-homed host, and for it
(if needs be) to handle on UA on one interface, talking to another UA on the
second interface ?

One of the first entries in the config.ini for relays is the IP address for
the relay to us: Well, I want it to use two addresses !

Thanks,

GTG

Re: Mediaproxy Relays on a multi-homed box ?

Ruud Klaver
Hi,

On 08 Jul 2009, at 13:02, Gordon Ross wrote:

> Is it possible to run mediaproxy relays on a multi-homed host, and
> for it
> (if needs be) to handle on UA on one interface, talking to another
> UA on the
> second interface ?

The only practical application of this would be if (at least) one of
the interfaces was in a private network and MediaProxy was never meant
to run on a private IP. If it was, it would need to make assumptions
about in which domain the caller and/or callee are. So the answer is no.

> One of the first entries in the config.ini for relays is the IP
> address for
> the relay to us: Well, I want it to use two addresses !
>
> Thanks,
>
> GTG

You can't! :)

Use it on a public IP and you will be fine.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects

On 08/07/2009 12:24, "Ruud Klaver" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The only practical application of this would be if (at least) one of
> the interfaces was in a private network and MediaProxy was never meant
> to run on a private IP. If it was, it would need to make assumptions
> about in which domain the caller and/or callee are. So the answer is no.
> You can't! :)
>
> Use it on a public IP and you will be fine.

:-(

Thanks anyway.

GTG