Mediaproxy closes ports

John Khvatov-2
Hello all!

I have a problem with Mediaproxy:

1. Media session established (audio and video goes both directions).
2. After ~1 min media-relay closes audio or video ports.

I've attached media-relay debug log to this email.

Please, any ideas and suggestions how to resolve this problem.

Mediaproxy: 2.4.2.
Linux: 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64

--
WBR, John Khvatov

media-relay.log (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi,

On 06/08/10 15:56, John Khvatov wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I have a problem with Mediaproxy:
>
> 1. Media session established (audio and video goes both directions).
> 2. After ~1 min media-relay closes audio or video ports.
>
> I've attached media-relay debug log to this email.
>
> Please, any ideas and suggestions how to resolve this problem.

What do you see in the dispatcher logs? Is everything OK at the SIP level?

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

John Khvatov-2
On Fri, 06 Aug 2010, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/08/10 15:56, John Khvatov wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I have a problem with Mediaproxy:
> >
> > 1. Media session established (audio and video goes both directions).
> > 2. After ~1 min media-relay closes audio or video ports.
> >
> > I've attached media-relay debug log to this email.
> >
> > Please, any ideas and suggestions how to resolve this problem.
> >

> What do you see in the dispatcher logs? Is everything OK at the SIP level?

Aug  6 09:15:33 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: debug: Issuing "update"
command to relay at 193.169.160.2
Aug  6 09:16:33 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: last message repeated 2
times
Aug  6 09:16:56 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: debug: Issuing "remove"
command to relay at 193.169.160.2

"last message repeated 2 times" -- is it ok?

About SIP. Nothing happened between beginning media session (09:15:39)
and receiving BYE (09:16:56). Mediaproxy closes ports at 09:16:40.

--
WBR, John Khvatov

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé

>> What do you see in the dispatcher logs? Is everything OK at the SIP level?
>
> Aug  6 09:15:33 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: debug: Issuing "update"
> command to relay at 193.169.160.2
> Aug  6 09:16:33 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: last message repeated 2
> times
> Aug  6 09:16:56 sip media-dispatcher[22336]: debug: Issuing "remove"
> command to relay at 193.169.160.2
>
> "last message repeated 2 times" -- is it ok?

Yes, shouldn't be a problem. Any reINVITE taking place? What value do
you have for stream_timeout in MediaProxy configuration?

Also, can you paste the output of:

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

k1028
I have the same problem that I still haven't yet figured out. Media go both direction but media relay unable to detect the RTP and conntrack time out and disconnect the call for me. This only happen to me if use a http Tunnel server.

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
On 06/08/10 17:46, k1028 wrote:

> I have the same problem that I still haven't yet figured out. Media go both
> direction but media relay unable to detect the RTP and conntrack time out
> and disconnect the call for me. This only happen to me if use a http Tunnel
> server.

I don't think this is related at all. If you are using a HTTP tunnel
before MediaProxy, packets may not arrive to MediaProxy itself, so it
won't be able to setup the conntrack rule.

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

John Khvatov-2
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, shouldn't be a problem. Any reINVITE taking place? What value do
> you have for stream_timeout in MediaProxy configuration?

No, this problem is reproduced in simple call (no reINVITEs).
stream_timeout is not set in config.ini (default value is used).

> Also, can you paste the output of:
>
> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream
180

--
WBR, John Khvatov

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi,

On 06/08/10 19:02, John Khvatov wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>> Yes, shouldn't be a problem. Any reINVITE taking place? What value do
>> you have for stream_timeout in MediaProxy configuration?
>
> No, this problem is reproduced in simple call (no reINVITEs).
> stream_timeout is not set in config.ini (default value is used).
>

>> Also, can you paste the output of:
>>
>> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream
> 180

I'm not able to reproduce this. Could you please send me a SIP trace
captured with ngrep (strip sensible information or email it privately)?
Then I can check if something could make MediaProxy not work properly...

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

John Khvatov-2
Hello Saúl,

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> I'm not able to reproduce this. Could you please send me a SIP trace
> captured with ngrep (strip sensible information or email it privately)?
> Then I can check if something could make MediaProxy not work properly...

Sorry, but problem is fixed in other component...

Saúl, thank you for your responses and help.

--
WBR, John Khvatov

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
On 10/08/10 09:02, John Khvatov wrote:
> Hello Saúl,
>
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> I'm not able to reproduce this. Could you please send me a SIP trace
>> captured with ngrep (strip sensible information or email it privately)?
>> Then I can check if something could make MediaProxy not work properly...
>
> Sorry, but problem is fixed in other component...

I'm glad you got it solved, but can you give me some more detail on how
another component was triggering this behavior? It might be helpful for
others when they need to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Mediaproxy closes ports

John Khvatov-2
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> On 10/08/10 09:02, John Khvatov wrote:
> > Hello Saúl,
> >
> > On Mon, 09 Aug 2010, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
> >> I'm not able to reproduce this. Could you please send me a SIP trace
> >> captured with ngrep (strip sensible information or email it privately)?
> >> Then I can check if something could make MediaProxy not work properly...
> >
> > Sorry, but problem is fixed in other component...
> >

> I'm glad you got it solved, but can you give me some more detail on how
> another component was triggering this behavior? It might be helpful for
> others when they need to troubleshoot.

It's very strange, but the problem solved after flush iptables rules on
_remote_ machine, which send and receive media from mediaproxy
(multi-line UA).

Interesting, that after start firewall on remote machine again, we can't
reproduce this issue.

So, when I'll have more information, I'll report in this list of course.

--
WBR, John Khvatov