Mediaproxy: number port assignment

mmarzuola

Hi all.
I have a question about assignment of the rtp ports by mediaproxy.
When a call finishes the media-relay closes the ports previously allocated.
To the next call will be assigned random port numbers in the range provided or is there an algorithm dedicated to the assignment?

Thanks in advance.

Marzuola Matteo

Vuoi essere presente online?
Vuoi dare voce alla tua attivita`?
Acquista un dominio su domini.interfree.it.
A partire da 18,59 euro

Re: Mediaproxy: number port assignment

Ruud Klaver
Hi,

On 07 Jan 2009, at 13:06, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have a question about assignment of the rtp ports by mediaproxy.
> When a call finishes the media-relay closes the ports previously
> allocated.
> To the next call will be assigned random port numbers in the range
> provided or is there an algorithm dedicated to the assignment?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marzuola Matteo

The media-relay simply assigns ports out of the configured port range
sequentially. Whenever a set of ports is released, they are put at the
end of the queue in order to maximize the time between port re-use.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects