Mediaproxy or RtpProxy

Woody Dickson
Hi,

I am trying to decide on whether to use RtpProxy or MediaProxy for my current opensips implementation.  Previously MediaProxy was known to perform poorly under high loard.  Now with the latest 2.0 release, does anyone know how does MediaProxy compare to RtpProxy in terms of performance, scalability, and ease-of-use?

I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks,
Woody

Re: Mediaproxy or RtpProxy

Adrian Georgescu
Woody,

Statements that things behave poorly out of concrete context do not really help anyone.

The question is how many sessions to you want to handle? Can you answer this simple question? Then someone might be able to help you.

Adrian

On Nov 27, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Woody Dickson wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to decide on whether to use RtpProxy or MediaProxy for my current opensips implementation.  Previously MediaProxy was known to perform poorly under high loard.  Now with the latest 2.0 release, does anyone know how does MediaProxy compare to RtpProxy in terms of performance, scalability, and ease-of-use?

I would appreciate any insight on this.

Thanks,
Woody

Re: Mediaproxy or RtpProxy

Woody Dickson
Hi Adrian,

Sorry, I don't mean to offense anyone when I incorrectly used the term poorly.  Please accept my apology.

I would like to use either MediaProxy or RtpProxy to proxy 1-2K concurrent sessions.  Is this a realistic number for either one?

Could someone comment on the performance, scalability, and ease-of-use between the two?

Thanks,
Woody

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM, Adrian Georgescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

About easy of use, for MediaProxy2 you need to add a single line of
configuration to opensips.cfg. Then there is a straight forward
configuration file /etc/mediaproxy/config.ini with settings you might
want to change if the defaults are not applicable for your setup.