Migrating from RTPProxy to MediaProxy

Terrance Devor
Hello Everyone,

Our current NAT'ed environment is as follows

Internet <-------> Cisco Green Box <---------> OpenSIPS (192.168.2.2)
                                                  <---------> RTPProxy (192.168.2.5)

I think this is called far end nat? Anyhow, it works perfectly fine (ie, flows media) however, we are looking to migrate to MediaProxy to take advantage of CDR tool as well as it's ICE implementation.
Can MediaProxy run in a natted environment such as Amazon AWC etc...? With RTPProxy we can specify Public Private IP address using -l:

rtpproxy -s udp:192.168.2.5:7789 -l 192.168.2.5/74.1.1.1.1 -m 8000 -M 65535 -u root root -F -d INFO LOG_LOCAL0

Is this also possible with MediaProxy? Also, how difficult is it to migrate to MediaProxy from within OpenSIPS?

Kind Regards,

Terrance

Re: Migrating from RTPProxy to MediaProxy

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
Hi Terrance,

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 16:26, Terrance Devor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Our current NAT'ed environment is as follows
>
> Internet <-------> Cisco Green Box <---------> OpenSIPS (192.168.2.2)
>                                                   <---------> RTPProxy (192.168.2.5)
>
> I think this is called far end nat? Anyhow, it works perfectly fine (ie, flows media) however, we are looking to migrate to MediaProxy to take advantage of CDR tool as well as it's ICE implementation.
> Can MediaProxy run in a natted environment such as Amazon AWC etc...? With RTPProxy we can specify Public Private IP address using -l:
>
> rtpproxy -s udp:192.168.2.5:7789 -l 192.168.2.5/74.1.1.1.1 -m 8000 -M 65535 -u root root -F -d INFO LOG_LOCAL0
>
> Is this also possible with MediaProxy? Also, how difficult is it to migrate to MediaProxy from within OpenSIPS?

MediaProxy is not designed to work behind NAT, except in 1-to-1 NAT scenarios such as Amazon EC2. Check the advertised_ip setting in the configuration file (config.init).

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

Re: Migrating from RTPProxy to MediaProxy

Adrian Georgescu

On 10 Sep 2015, at 11:26, Terrance Devor <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Our current NAT'ed environment is as follows

Internet <-------> Cisco Green Box <---------> OpenSIPS (192.168.2.2)
                                                  <---------> RTPProxy (192.168.2.5)

I think this is called far end nat? Anyhow, it works perfectly fine (ie, flows media) however, we are looking to migrate to MediaProxy to take advantage of CDR tool as well as it's ICE implementation.
Can MediaProxy run in a natted environment such as Amazon AWC etc...? With RTPProxy we can specify Public Private IP address using -l:

Yes, Mediaproxy can run on Amazon platform.

rtpproxy -s udp:192.168.2.5:7789 -l 192.168.2.5/74.1.1.1.1 -m 8000 -M 65535 -u root root -F -d INFO LOG_LOCAL0

Is this also possible with MediaProxy? Also, how difficult is it to migrate to MediaProxy from within OpenSIPS?

Is two lines of code to enable the module and use it.

Kind Regards,

Terrance

Re: Migrating from RTPProxy to MediaProxy

Terrance Devor
Thank you guys for your response. Right now we use port forwarding or RTP range and RTPProxy and it
works great I understand that it works with 1:1 nat however, will it work with a server behind a cisco router
that forwards all the RTP media to the server?

Kind Regards,

Terrance