Minimum SIP Headers

Annus Fictus
Hello,

on section 8.1.1 RFC 3261: " A valid SIP request formulated by a UAC
MUST, at a minimum, contain the following header fields: To, From, CSeq,
Call-ID, Max-Forwards,and Via;"

I'm sending to OpenSIPs a SIP INVITE (with SIPSAK) with these headers:

Via, From, To, Call-ID and Cseq (without Max-Forwars); OpenSIPs accept
the message without problems. Is this the expected behavior?

Without other Header (between the six) the result is:
ERROR:tm:t_lookup_request: too few headers

Thank you

Regards

Re: Minimum SIP Headers

Alex Balashov
There are a lot of philosophical questions around whether OpenSIPS is
obligated to validate SIP requests to the extent that a UAS would,
especially when acting in its normal capacity as a proxy rather than a
UAS.

By one account, its job is to relay requests, not to enforce rules
expressed at the UA layer where failure to adhere to them does not
adversely affect the proxy's ability to relay the message.

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Re: Minimum SIP Headers

Razvan Crainea-3
If you really want to enforce SIP message validation, you can use the
sipmsg_validate() function[1].

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/sipmsgops.html#id294262

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions
www.opensips-solutions.com

On 03/07/2017 01:01 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> There are a lot of philosophical questions around whether OpenSIPS is
> obligated to validate SIP requests to the extent that a UAS would,
> especially when acting in its normal capacity as a proxy rather than a
> UAS.
>
> By one account, its job is to relay requests, not to enforce rules
> expressed at the UA layer where failure to adhere to them does not
> adversely affect the proxy's ability to relay the message.

Re: Minimum SIP Headers

Annus Fictus
Thank you,

I don't knew this function

Regards

El 07/03/2017 a las 03:45, Răzvan Crainea escribió:

> If you really want to enforce SIP message validation, you can use the
> sipmsg_validate() function[1].
>
> [1]
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.3.x/sipmsgops.html#id294262
>
> Best regards,
>
> Răzvan Crainea
> OpenSIPS Solutions
> www.opensips-solutions.com
>
> On 03/07/2017 01:01 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> There are a lot of philosophical questions around whether OpenSIPS is
>> obligated to validate SIP requests to the extent that a UAS would,
>> especially when acting in its normal capacity as a proxy rather than a
>> UAS.
>>
>> By one account, its job is to relay requests, not to enforce rules
>> expressed at the UA layer where failure to adhere to them does not
>> adversely affect the proxy's ability to relay the message.

Re: Minimum SIP Headers

Annus Fictus
Thank you for your response.

I was just curious to know if there was a particular reason behind this
behavior

Regards