Minor edits to Documentation?

Matti Zemack
Minor edits to Documentation? Hi all,

Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g. Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html are slightly minorly faulty.

And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny faults here and there now and then...

Regards,
Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Brett Nemeroff
As a user speaking here, I think the docs should be wikified so people like me can add their experiences.

I know a lot of this is SGMLd on the backend, so I don't know how to properly address it.
-Brett

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Matti Zemack <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g. Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html are slightly minorly faulty.

And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny faults here and there now and then...

Regards,
Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Hi Matti,

please submit patches to the readme files that comes with the module.

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

Matti Zemack wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g.
> Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html are
> slightly minorly faulty.
>
> And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny faults
> here and there now and then...
>
> Regards,
> Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Hi Brett,

To make both happy (generating docs from XML and also allowing users to
comment), we create special web pages for each module where to place
comments for...

Just an idea...

REgards,
Bogdan

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> As a user speaking here, I think the docs should be wikified so people
> like me can add their experiences.
>
> I know a lot of this is SGMLd on the backend, so I don't know how to
> properly address it.
> -Brett
>

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Matti Zemack
>
>     Hi all,
>

>     Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g.
>     Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
>     http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html
>     are slightly minorly faulty.
>
>     And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny
>     faults here and there now and then...
>
>     Regards,
>     Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Matti Zemack
Hi,

Great idea. People could post there example conf's regarding that
matter. Much like php.net works.

/Matti

wrote:

>     Hi all,
>

>     Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g.
>     Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
>     http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html
>     are slightly minorly faulty.
>
>     And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny
>     faults here and there now and then...
>
>     Regards,
>     Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Brett Nemeroff
Bogdan,
Problem is, it's a real hunt to find those comment pages.. or at least I think it is.. I really like the php.net model that Matti mentions in his email. That way, the comments and suggestions are right there with the docs. Almost like the doc page and comment stream and just concatenated.

I'm sure you've got plenty to work on. Really, I just appreciate the fact that it all exists. :)
-Brett

wrote:

>     Hi all,
>

>     Is it possible to help out with minor edits of documentation? E.g.
>     Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
>     http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html
>     are slightly minorly faulty.
>
>     And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny
>     faults here and there now and then...
>
>     Regards,
>     Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Brett,

I have to agree that from web perspective  the php.ini model is the
best. But to migrate to something like that, we need to find a way to
keep synchronize the web content with the README files from source tree....

If I understand your suggestion , is to add to the current README
content a link that will "append" in web page a comment section....

Brett Nemeroff wrote:

> Bogdan,
> Problem is, it's a real hunt to find those comment pages.. or at least
> I think it is.. I really like the php.net <http://php.net> model that
> Matti mentions in his email. That way, the comments and suggestions
> are right there with the docs. Almost like the doc page and comment
> stream and just concatenated.
>
> I'm sure you've got plenty to work on. Really, I just appreciate the
> fact that it all exists. :)
> -Brett
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Matti Zemack
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Great idea. People could post there example conf's regarding that
>     matter. Much like php.net <http://php.net> works.
>
>     /Matti

Ultimately, the comments would be tacked onto the docs. I imagine it just how it is today,with a comments field at the bottom, you post and it just rolls the comment downwards..

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brett,

I have to agree that from web perspective  the php.ini model is the best. But to migrate to something like that, we need to find a way to keep synchronize the web content with the README files from source tree....

If I understand your suggestion , is to add to the current README content a link that will "append" in web page a comment section....

Brett Nemeroff wrote:
Bogdan,
Problem is, it's a real hunt to find those comment pages.. or at least I think it is.. I really like the php.net <http://php.net> model that Matti mentions in his email. That way, the comments and suggestions are right there with the docs. Almost like the doc page and comment stream and just concatenated.

   Brett Nemeroff wrote:
   > As a user speaking here, I think the docs should be wikified so
   people

   > like me can add their experiences.
   >
   > I know a lot of this is SGMLd on the backend, so I don't know how to
   > properly address it.
   > -Brett
   >
   >
   > On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Matti Zemack
   > <[hidden email]
   <mailto:[hidden email]>
   <mailto:[hidden email]
   <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
   wrote:

   >     Hi all,
   >
   >
   >     Is it possible to help out with minor edits of
   documentation? E.g.
   >     Examples 1.4 & 1.5 on
   >        http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/userblacklist.html
   >     are slightly minorly faulty.
   >
   >     And as a newbie going through documentation, I find these tiny
   >     faults here and there now and then...
   >
   >     Regards,
   >     Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Minor edits to Documentation?

Matti Zemack

Hi all,

Sorry for budging in again.

<almost a joke for everyone with no spare time>And as we all know, we all have lots of spare time. So I suggest even a voting system where the mostly liked comment sticks on the top… J</almost a joke for everyone with no spare time >

And to dip my toes in to really shark infested waters;

mentioning dollars…

Is there any way contributing to the project in cash (or beers or whatever)? As a way of thanking for all help so far.