Modify SDP

Hasitha Lalinda
Hi,

Is it possible to remove some attributes from SDP?
Our provider added t38 support and since then some devices fail to respond to INVITE.

I need to remove following attributes from the media description.

a=rtpmap:100 X-NSE/8000
a=fmtp:100 200-202
a=sqn:0
a=cdsc: 1 audio RTP/AVP 8 18 0 101 100
a=cdsc: 6 image udptl t38
a=cpar: a=T38FaxVersion:0
a=cpar: a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF
a=cpar: a=T38FaxMaxDatagram:160
a=cpar: a=T38FaxUdpEC:t38UDPRedundancy
a=X-sqn:0
a=X-cap: 1 image udptl t38

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Modify SDP

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
HI,

On Nov 4, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Hasitha Lalinda wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to remove some attributes from SDP?
> Our provider added t38 support and since then some devices fail to
> respond to INVITE.
>
> I need to remove following attributes from the media description.
>
> a=rtpmap:100 X-NSE/8000
> a=fmtp:100 200-202
> a=sqn:0
> a=cdsc: 1 audio RTP/AVP 8 18 0 101 100
> a=cdsc: 6 image udptl t38
> a=cpar: a=T38FaxVersion:0
> a=cpar: a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF
> a=cpar: a=T38FaxMaxDatagram:160
> a=cpar: a=T38FaxUdpEC:t38UDPRedundancy
> a=X-sqn:0
> a=X-cap: 1 image udptl t38
>
> Is there a way I can do this?

Take a look at the textops module, it does have functions to mangle
the SDP.

Saul Ibarra Corretge
AG Projects

Re: Modify SDP

Jeff Pyle
Hello,

Saul is absolutely correct.  There are some amazing functions in the textops
module that will permit you to completely destroy the SDP.  No better way to
learn.

Which devices have problems with the T.38 info?

- Jeff

On 11/4/09 9:34 AM, "Saul Ibarra Corretge" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI,
>
> On Nov 4, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Hasitha Lalinda wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to remove some attributes from SDP?
>> Our provider added t38 support and since then some devices fail to
>> respond to INVITE.
>>
>> I need to remove following attributes from the media description.
>>
>> a=rtpmap:100 X-NSE/8000
>> a=fmtp:100 200-202
>> a=sqn:0
>> a=cdsc: 1 audio RTP/AVP 8 18 0 101 100
>> a=cdsc: 6 image udptl t38
>> a=cpar: a=T38FaxVersion:0
>> a=cpar: a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF
>> a=cpar: a=T38FaxMaxDatagram:160
>> a=cpar: a=T38FaxUdpEC:t38UDPRedundancy
>> a=X-sqn:0
>> a=X-cap: 1 image udptl t38
>>
>> Is there a way I can do this?
>>

> Take a look at the textops module, it does have functions to mangle
> the SDP.

Re: Modify SDP

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Jeff Pyle escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Saul is absolutely correct.  There are some amazing functions in the
>  textops module that will permit you to completely destroy the SDP.  No
>  better way to learn.

When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Modify SDP

Hasitha Lalinda
Thanks for the replies. I'll try textops function.

Re: Modify SDP

Victor Pascual Avila
On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Jeff Pyle escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Saul is absolutely correct.  There are some amazing functions in the
>>  textops module that will permit you to completely destroy the SDP.  No
>>  better way to learn.
>
> When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?

At the very right moment that fundamentalism was replaced by
pragmatism and operational requirements.

Cheers,
--
Victor Pascual Ávila

Re: Modify SDP

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Jeff Pyle escribió:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Saul is absolutely correct.  There are some amazing functions in the
> >>  textops module that will permit you to completely destroy the SDP.  No
> >>  better way to learn.
> >
> > When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
>
> At the very right moment that fundamentalism was replaced by
> pragmatism and operational requirements.

Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my opensips, could you
please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be great.

XD

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:

>> > When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
>>
>> At the very right moment that fundamentalism was replaced by
>> pragmatism and operational requirements.
>
> Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my opensips, could you
> please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be great.

I believe you have some confusion about the meaning of operational requirements.
--
Victor Pascual Ávila

Re: Modify SDP

Iñaki Baz Castillo

> >> At the very right moment that fundamentalism was replaced by
> >> pragmatism and operational requirements.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my opensips, could
> > you please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be great.
>
> I believe you have some confusion about the meaning of operational
>  requirements.

I'd would also require a Skype-SIP gateway module since some of my clients use
Skype. How long would it take to develop this pragmatism and operational
requirement (for free as I'm opensource user)?

XDDD

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Modify SDP

Jeff Pyle
I find that throughout the day my shoelaces come untied at unpredictable
intervals.  Is it possible to modify the dialog module to keep state on them
to notify me when it happens?  Perhaps a Perl script to re-tie them?

I crack me up...

On 11/4/09 10:08 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:
> >> >
> When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
> >>
> >> At the very right moment
> that fundamentalism was replaced by
> >> pragmatism and operational
> requirements.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my
> opensips, could
> > you please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be
> great.
>
> I believe you have some confusion about the meaning of
> operational
>  requirements.

I'd would also require a Skype-SIP gateway
> module since some of my clients use
Skype. How long would it take to develop
> this pragmatism and operational
requirement (for free as I'm opensource
> user)?

XDDD

Re: Modify SDP

Jeff Kronlage
I use Nagios for such things...
        - Is my fly down? [5 minute interval]
        - Do I have a cowlick? [3 minute interval]
Etc..

:P

Jeff

I find that throughout the day my shoelaces come untied at unpredictable
intervals.  Is it possible to modify the dialog module to keep state on them
to notify me when it happens?  Perhaps a Perl script to re-tie them?

I crack me up...

On 11/4/09 10:08 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:
> >> >
> When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
> >>
> >> At the very right moment
> that fundamentalism was replaced by
> >> pragmatism and operational
> requirements.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my
> opensips, could
> > you please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be
> great.
>
> I believe you have some confusion about the meaning of
> operational
>  requirements.

I'd would also require a Skype-SIP gateway
> module since some of my clients use
Skype. How long would it take to develop
> this pragmatism and operational
requirement (for free as I'm opensource
> user)?

XDDD

Re: Modify SDP

Hasitha Lalinda
I was just trying to remove an attribute from SDP. :P
Look what you guys have implemented?  XD

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Jeff Kronlage <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use Nagios for such things...
       - Is my fly down? [5 minute interval]
       - Do I have a cowlick? [3 minute interval]
Etc..

:P

Jeff

I find that throughout the day my shoelaces come untied at unpredictable
intervals.  Is it possible to modify the dialog module to keep state on them
to notify me when it happens?  Perhaps a Perl script to re-tie them?

I crack me up...

On 11/4/09 10:08 AM, "Iñaki Baz Castillo" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:
> >> >
> When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
> >>
> >> At the very right moment
> that fundamentalism was replaced by
> >> pragmatism and operational
> requirements.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my
> opensips, could
> > you please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be
> great.
>
> I believe you have some confusion about the meaning of
> operational
>  requirements.

I'd would also require a Skype-SIP gateway
> module since some of my clients use
Skype. How long would it take to develop
> this pragmatism and operational
requirement (for free as I'm opensource
> user)?

XDDD

Re: Modify SDP

Jeff Pyle
Absolutely!  Not only does the same ³textops²-based answer still apply for
your application, we now have Nagios plugins to monitor your fly and
possibly a dialog module extension to tie my shoes.

It¹s a good day.

- Jeff

On 11/4/09 12:44 PM, "Hasitha Lalinda" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was just trying to remove an attribute from SDP. :P
> Look what you guys have implemented?  XD
>

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Jeff Kronlage <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I use Nagios for such things...
>>         - Is my fly down? [5 minute interval]
>>         - Do I have a cowlick? [3 minute interval]
>> Etc..
>>
>> :P
>>
>> Jeff

Re: Modify SDP

Hi Iñaki,

dropping in a bit later :).

What are talking about here is about a proxy "influencing" the codec
negotiation and not about a proxy getting into a proxy negotiation  -
the ops we have here are just for removing codecs and changing the
priorities - these kinds of ops does not break the negation between the
end parties, but just influence it. The actual decisions about codecs is
still left to end parties.

There are no ops like adding new codecs in the SDP - this kind of ops
will indeed break the negotiation and proxy should not do it.

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> El Miércoles, 4 de Noviembre de 2009, Victor Pascual Avila escribió:

>>> When a SIP proxy left being a SIP proxy?
>>>
>> At the very right moment that fundamentalism was replaced by
>> pragmatism and operational requirements.
>>

> Thanks for your reply. I need a voicemail system for my opensips, could you
> please code such a module? Also a IVR module would be great.
>
> XD

Re: Modify SDP

Iñaki Baz Castillo
El Domingo, 15 de Noviembre de 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu escribió:

> Hi Iñaki,
>
> dropping in a bit later :).
>
> What are talking about here is about a proxy "influencing" the codec
> negotiation and not about a proxy getting into a proxy negotiation  -
> the ops we have here are just for removing codecs and changing the
> priorities - these kinds of ops does not break the negation between the
> end parties, but just influence it. The actual decisions about codecs is
> still left to end parties.
>
> There are no ops like adding new codecs in the SDP - this kind of ops
> will indeed break the negotiation and proxy should not do it.

Yes, it makes sense in order to force a light codec and so, sure :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <[hidden email]>

Re: Modify SDP

Daryl G. Jurbala-2
So I have a related issue.....

UA ====  OpenSIPS ==== Dialogic IMG

The Dialogic likes to send back a media attribute of "bitrate:5.3" in the SDP when negotiating G723 .  This is fine for most UAs, but it breaks Linksys PAP2's.  I've tried all sorts of things so far, and gotten down to a very simple:

replace_body("a=bitrate:5.3", "a=bitrate:999");

in my main routing block.  It's not having any affect.

To test, I put a "replace_body("723/8000", "G723/8000-test");" in the same place.  It mangles the SDP between the OpenSIPS box and the Dialogic IMG on the INVITE, but the 183 and 200 coming back from the IMG through the OpenSIPS to the UA remains untouched.

I'm sure I'm missing something basic here, so a pointer in the right direction would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Daryl

Re: Modify SDP

Hasitha Lalinda
Try like this and see if it works?

if (is_method("INVITE") || status=="200" || status=="183") {

  replace_body("723/8000", "G723/8000-test");

}

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Daryl G. Jurbala <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
On Monday 16 November 2009 21:55:16 Daryl G. Jurbala wrote:
> Not sure how that would make a difference, as it actually limits the subset
> of messages the replace_body could act on (properly, of course, but I'm
> just testing/debugging here).  In any case, I gave it a shot and it acts
> the same.

Also, take into account that you must do that onreply_route block and not on
the main route block

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual

Re: Modify SDP

Daryl G. Jurbala-2
And that was my real problem......too much time staring at the same stuff all in one day.

Thanks very much for your help.  That got me looking back in the right spot, and it works.  Although it still doesn't solve the PAP2 issues, so I guess I have some more digging to do.