Multi Tenant System

ram-2-3
Hi

is this possible with Opensips Multi Tenant system ( integrating with Asterisk or Freeswitch)

if yes, any advise how this can be achived ? any documents

Ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

Brett Nemeroff
Sure you can build a multi-tenant system with Opensips, asterisk, and or freeswitch.

You should understand that your question is kind of like walking into a hardware store and asking, "Hey, can I build a house with this stuff?"

Specifics on how to build these systems are all over the net. However, there arn't a whole lot of good Multi-Tenant solutions out there presumably because they are worth too much to give away.

If you have a specific question, perhaps we can give you a more specific answer? :)
-Brett

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM, ram <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

is this possible with Opensips Multi Tenant system ( integrating with Asterisk or Freeswitch)

if yes, any advise how this can be achived ? any documents

Ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

Alex Balashov

ram wrote:

> Hi
>
> is this possible with Opensips Multi Tenant system ( integrating with
> Asterisk or Freeswitch)

Yes.

> if yes, any advise how this can be achived ? any documents

Well, you integrate OpenSIPS with Asterisk or FreeSWITCH.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems

Re: Multi Tenant System

Wasin Thiengkunagrit
Hi ram,

    I'm not sure about Multi Tenant things. However if you're looking
for integration between Asterisk and OpenSips.
Here is a link that may helps you
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk%20and%20OpenSER%20integration.
But... that method is using for older version of OpenSips (OpenSER)
and older version of Asterisk.

Here is some simple steps that help you understand easier,
    [X-lite]  ====>  [ OpenSips] ===> [Asterisk] ====> [PSTN]

    ## In the Opensips.cfg
    1. Replace this line

      if (is_method("INVITE")) {
          setflag(1); # do accounting
      }

      with

      if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                #Asterisk integration
                if(uri=~"^sip:[0-9]{4}@*"){
                        rewritehostport("[IP Asterisk]:5060");
                        t_newtran();
                        route(1);
                }

                setflag(1); # do accounting
        }

    By replacing [IP Asterisk] with IP of the Asterisk server, this
modification will forward
    all requests which start with 4 digit numbers to Asterisk Server.
    e.g.
    the INVITE sip:1000@IP_OpenSIPs will change into
sip:1000@IP_Asterisk and forward
    to Asterisk server.

    ## In the Asterisk, file /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
    2. add this lines
    [openser]
    type=friend
    insecure=port,invite
    context=incoming
    host= [IP_OpenSIPs]
    fromdomain=[IP_OpenSIPs]
    allow=all

    This will allow all messages comming from OpenSips to Asterisk.

    ## In the Asterisk, file /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
    3. Add this line
    [incoming]
    exten=>1000, 1, Dial (.....[Your PSTN network]......)

    This will accept the incoming call from OpenSIPs to Asterisk with
calling number 1000.

    ** Note that if you're using this instruction the username and
password of the X-lite
    which registered to the OpenSIPs must be the same with the one in
Asterisk (sip.conf file)

Cheers,
Wasin

2009/1/13 ram <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> is this possible with Opensips Multi Tenant system ( integrating with
> Asterisk or Freeswitch)
>
> if yes, any advise how this can be achived ? any documents
>
> Ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

ram-2-3

On 1/12/09, Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure you can build a multi-tenant system with Opensips, asterisk, and or freeswitch.

You should understand that your question is kind of like walking into a hardware store and asking, "Hey, can I build a house with this stuff?"

Specifics on how to build these systems are all over the net. However, there arn't a whole lot of good Multi-Tenant solutions out there presumably because they are worth too much to give away.

If you have a specific question, perhaps we can give you a more specific answer? :)

Hi Brett and all

thanks for your suggestion

Iam confused here some of the option how they going to work in real time

lets take example

1. User register with Opensips and calls Opensip users ( local)

then they want to get another person in to conference, using PSTN or SIP ( from asterisk)

how this going to work ?

2. Conference Bridge

3. Multitenant

X company having extention of 100 200 300
Y company having extention of 100 200 300

how do they call each other ?

is there any mechanism ?

I have manythings in mind to put here, let me do one at a time to understand better.

Ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

Mark Sayer
I suggest using the pieces as they work best. Let OpenSIPs handle the
registration & NAT. Let Asterisk handle the media & connections to
terminators or PSTN. The only issue is that Asterisk will only handle
about 200 concurrent calls per box so a large installation might have
a single OpenSIPs box and multiple Asterisk boxes. Relatively simple
to setup and manage, stable, proven. Asterisk itself can be
"partitioned" through careful construction of the extensions.conf
file to do what you want.

Mark

At 07:38 p.m. 14/01/2009, you wrote:

>On 1/12/09, Brett Nemeroff
><<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]> wrote:
>Sure you can build a multi-tenant system with Opensips, asterisk,
>and or freeswitch.
>

>You should understand that your question is kind of like walking
>into a hardware store and asking, "Hey, can I build a house with this stuff?"
>

>Specifics on how to build these systems are all over the net.
>However, there arn't a whole lot of good Multi-Tenant solutions out
>there presumably because they are worth too much to give away.
>

>If you have a specific question, perhaps we can give you a more
>specific answer? :)
>

>Hi Brett and all
>
>thanks for your suggestion
>
>Iam confused here some of the option how they going to work in real time
>
>lets take example
>
>1. User register with Opensips and calls Opensip users ( local)
>
>then they want to get another person in to conference, using PSTN or
>SIP ( from asterisk)
>
>how this going to work ?
>
>2. Conference Bridge
>
>3. Multitenant
>
>X company having extention of 100 200 300
>Y company having extention of 100 200 300
>
>how do they call each other ?
>
>is there any mechanism ?
>
>I have manythings in mind to put here, let me do one at a time to
>understand better.
>
>Ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

ram-2-3

On 1/14/09, Mark Sayer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I suggest using the pieces as they work best. Let OpenSIPs handle the
registration & NAT. Let Asterisk handle the media & connections to
terminators or PSTN. The only issue is that Asterisk will only handle
about 200 concurrent calls per box so a large installation might have
a single OpenSIPs box and multiple Asterisk boxes. Relatively simple
to setup and manage, stable, proven. Asterisk itself can be
"partitioned" through careful construction of the extensions.conf
file to do what you want.

Hi

thanks for the suggestion

thats what iam trying to achieve Asterisk (or freeswitch)

the suggestions again needed here

use Dispatcher Module or Drouting or LCR is again question

if its post paid fine

If its prepaid, how does that work of the Asterisk disconnect the call
how the Opensip react on the same

may be some are odd question, these all i have to understand

Ram

On 1/14/09, Adrian Georgescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use OpenSIPS call_control module to terminate the calls on both side.

Do i still need Asterisk if i use this module ?

ram

Re: Multi Tenant System

ram-2-3

On 1/14/09, Adrian Georgescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, you do not need Asterisk, what you need is depicted here:

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/" target="_blank">http://callcontrol.ag-projects.com/

iam just reading the same

just want to know, how stable is this ?

any one using in production