NAT Module and keep-alive mechanism

Mauro Davì
Hi All,

in the NAT_TRAVERSAL module is present a nat_keepalive() function to enable the keepalive mechanism Vs. an UA.

The question is... After that i call the nat_keepalive() function, how I can stop the keepalive mechanism??

I see that when an UA send a De-Registration SIP Message, the border proxy (i'm in a multi-proxy environment) continues to send the OPTIONS SIP messages, but I haven't a stop_nat_keepalive() function...

Thanks in advance
    MD

Re: NAT Module and keep-alive mechanism

Dan Pascu
On 15 Sep 2009, at 12:43, Mauro Davì wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> in the NAT_TRAVERSAL module is present a nat_keepalive() function to
> enable the keepalive mechanism Vs. an UA.
>
> The question is... After that i call the nat_keepalive() function,
> how I can stop the keepalive mechanism??
>
> I see that when an UA send a De-Registration SIP Message, the border
> proxy (i'm in a multi-proxy environment) continues to send the
> OPTIONS SIP messages, but I haven't a stop_nat_keepalive() function...

To keep the implementation simple, there is no such function. The
keepalive will be sent until the original expiration time is met. So
for example if the original register was for 5 minutes and after 2
minutes you unregister, keepalive will still be sent for another 3
minutes.

This is mainly a compromise I considered to be acceptable to keep the
implementation simple and efficient, otherwise it would have
complicated the internal structures and logic a lot.

--
Dan