Need some help for configuring more servers sharing the same DB.

Need some help for configuring more servers sharing the same DB.

Sasmita Panda
Hi All ,

     I am using opensips-2.2 . I wanted to deploy atleast 2 server sharing same DB which is in a another box .

      In this case we need to use db_mode:3 . But I am getting 477 send fail .

      Even if I have a single server with its own database , and I am running in db_mode 3 , its giving me the same error . It seems like I am missing something .

     I had attached my .cfg file . Please have a look and let me know if I am missing anything .

Thanks & Regards
Sasmita Panda
Network Testing and Software Engineer
3CLogic , ph:07827611765

opensips.cfg (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Need some help for configuring more servers sharing the same DB.

Sasmita Panda
Below is the error I am getting .

INFO:core:probe_max_sock_buff: using snd buffer of 416 kb
 INFO:core:init_sock_keepalive: TCP keepalive enabled on socket 26
 ERROR:core:tcp_connect_blocking: timeout 99386 ms elapsed from 100000 s
 ERROR:proto_ws:ws_sync_connect: tcp_blocking_connect failed
 ERROR:proto_ws:ws_connect: connect failed
 ERROR:proto_ws:proto_ws_send: connect failed
 ERROR:tm:msg_send: send() for proto 5 failed
 ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Sasmita Panda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All ,

     I am using opensips-2.2 . I wanted to deploy atleast 2 server sharing same DB which is in a another box .

      In this case we need to use db_mode:3 . But I am getting 477 send fail .

      Even if I have a single server with its own database , and I am running in db_mode 3 , its giving me the same error . It seems like I am missing something .

     I had attached my .cfg file . Please have a look and let me know if I am missing anything .

Thanks & Regards
Sasmita Panda
Network Testing and Software Engineer
3CLogic , ph:07827611765

Re: Need some help for configuring more servers sharing the same DB.

Sasmita Panda
When I am using TCP for both UAS and UAC , db_mode 3 is working fine . Call getting connected .

When I am using TCP for UAC and UAS is sipml5 which is wss over tcp . In this case it giving 477 Send fail . What must be the cause . How will I solve this problem .

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Sasmita Panda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu-2
Hi Sasmita,

Sharing the contacts themselves is not really enough - as you have WS endpoints, they use TCP connections, which can be initiated by end-point only (the registrar cannot). So if an endpoint registers with R1 server and, sharing the contacts, the R2 server tries to deliver a call to the endpoint, it will not be able to do it as the WS connection is with R1. So R2 should create a new connection, but with WS the endpoint is not listening for new connections - this is the error you get: OpenSIPS (as R2) failing to open an R2 connection to the endpoint.

OpenSIPS Summit May 2017 Amsterdam
  http://www.opensips.org/events/Summit-2017Amsterdam.html
On 04/17/2017 09:43 AM, Sasmita Panda wrote:
[...]

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="INFO:core:probe_max_sock_buff">INFO:core:probe_max_sock_buff: using snd buffer of 416 kb
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="INFO:core:init_sock_keepalive">INFO:core:init_sock_keepalive: TCP keepalive enabled on socket 26
 ERROR:core:tcp_connect_blocking: timeout 99386 ms elapsed from 100000 s
 ERROR:proto_<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="ws:ws_sync_connec">ws:ws_sync_connect: tcp_blocking_connect failed
 ERROR:proto_<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="ws:ws_connect">ws:ws_connect: connect failed
 ERROR:proto_<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="ws:proto_ws_send">ws:proto_ws_send: connect failed