New MediaProxy release 2.3.7

Adrian Georgescu
Hello,

There is a new release of MediaProxy available, it contains several bug fixes.

To upgrade your debian unstable installation:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mediaproxy-dispatcher mediaproxy-relay mediaproxy-web-sessions

Or download the tar file from:

http://download.ag-projects.com/MediaProxy/

The changelog follows:

mediaproxy (2.3.7) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fixed typo in debian changelog
  * Improved some error messages
  * Do not try to send media to port 0 in tests
  * Fixed handling of streams that are disabled when their port is set to 0
  * Added 2 more tests for sessions with disabled streams
  * Automatically restore the media_sessions table if gone during runtime
  * Allow the to_tag field in the media_sessions table to be NULL
  * Fixed issue in radius accounting when to_tag is None

Kind regards,
Adrian Georgescu

Re: New MediaProxy release 2.3.7

Carlo Dimaggio

Il giorno 04/set/09, alle ore 13:34, Adrian Georgescu ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> There is a new release of MediaProxy available, it contains several
> bug fixes.

Hi Adrian,

Can you provide amd64 updated packages in the ag-projects repository?
(I need mediaproxy-common_2.3.7_amd64.deb)

Thanks and Regards,
Carlo Dimaggio

Re: New MediaProxy release 2.3.7

Adrian Georgescu
Hi Carlo,

There seem to be a problem when building a binary only package when
using debuild -B command. The reason eludes us.

So I am afraid that until we can find the cause for this, for amd64
architecture you have to download the tar archive, build the package
manually and install it using dpkg.

--
Adrian

On Sep 4, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Carlo Dimaggio wrote:

> Il giorno 04/set/09, alle ore 13:34, Adrian Georgescu ha scritto:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is a new release of MediaProxy available, it contains several
>> bug fixes.
>
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Can you provide amd64 updated packages in the ag-projects repository?
> (I need mediaproxy-common_2.3.7_amd64.deb)
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Carlo Dimaggio

Re: New MediaProxy release 2.3.7

Jeff Pyle
Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] New MediaProxy release 2.3.7 Adrian,

In general, is it acceptable to have a slight mismatch between versions of the dispatcher and relay?  I ask because my dispatcher is on CentOS, which is a pain to update compared to the relative ease of updating my Debian relay.

Specifically, how about a 2.3.6 dispatcher and a 2.3.7 relay?  The changelog seems to reflect updates mostly if not all to the relay anyway.

- Jeff

On 9/4/09 7:34 AM, "Adrian Georgescu" <ag@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan Pascu
On 4 Sep 2009, at 16:22, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> In general, is it acceptable to have a slight mismatch between
> versions of the dispatcher and relay?

There is no generic rule for this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it
doesn't. There were changes at some point that added new commands in
the communication protocol between the relay and dispatcher. In that
case it's obvious that it won't work. Considering that changes in the
communication protocol were rare, you can say that most of the time it
should work, but you need to consult the changelog to see if it
actually does.

>  I ask because my dispatcher is on CentOS, which is a pain to update
> compared to the relative ease of updating my Debian relay.
>
> Specifically, how about a 2.3.6 dispatcher and a 2.3.7 relay?  The
> changelog seems to reflect updates mostly if not all to the relay
> anyway.

There are no incompatible changes between these 2 versions AFAIK, so
it should work. However it is not true that the changes were mostly to
the relay. The last 3 entries in the changelog are for the dispatcher,
while the relay had only 1 fix.

> - Jeff
>

> On 9/4/09 7:34 AM, "Adrian Georgescu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> There is a new release of MediaProxy available, it contains several
>> bug fixes.
>>
>> To upgrade your debian unstable installation:
>>
>> sudo apt-get update
>> sudo apt-get install mediaproxy-dispatcher mediaproxy-relay
>> mediaproxy-web-sessions
>>
>> Or download the tar file from:
>>
>> http://download.ag-projects.com/MediaProxy/
>>
>> The changelog follows:
>>
>> mediaproxy (2.3.7) unstable; urgency=low
>>
>>   * Fixed typo in debian changelog
>>   * Improved some error messages
>>   * Do not try to send media to port 0 in tests
>>   * Fixed handling of streams that are disabled when their port is
>> set to 0
>>   * Added 2 more tests for sessions with disabled streams
>>   * Automatically restore the media_sessions table if gone during
>> runtime
>>   * Allow the to_tag field in the media_sessions table to be NULL
>>   * Fixed issue in radius accounting when to_tag is None
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> Adrian Georgescu

Dan