[New] Probing for drouting module

Andrei Dragus-2
    Hi all,

    A new feature has been added to the drouting module that allows the
probing of gateways in case they become unreachable.

    Typical usages:
    - if a gateway becomes unreachable it is automatically marked as
disabled and no messages are forwarded to it.
    - when it comes back online it is automatically marked as enabled
and it is used again.
    - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from script ( for example
when receiving timeouts)
    - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from MI ( for example to
stop all transmissions while doing maintenance of the gateway)

    What has changed:
    - a new row has been added to the dr_gateways table to select
behavior for each gateway ( see docs for explanations).

    The behavior is similar to that of the loadbalancer module for
consistency. Check the docs if you need more information :
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html.

    Hope you find it useful,
    Andrei.

--
Andrei Dragus
www.voice-system.ro

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

David J.-2
Sounds good, Do we need to update the DB Schema or if the column is
missing it fails gracefully?

Thanks.

Andrei Dragus wrote:

>     Hi all,
>
>     A new feature has been added to the drouting module that allows the
> probing of gateways in case they become unreachable.
>
>     Typical usages:
>     - if a gateway becomes unreachable it is automatically marked as
> disabled and no messages are forwarded to it.
>     - when it comes back online it is automatically marked as enabled
> and it is used again.
>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from script ( for example
> when receiving timeouts)
>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from MI ( for example to
> stop all transmissions while doing maintenance of the gateway)
>
>     What has changed:
>     - a new row has been added to the dr_gateways table to select
> behavior for each gateway ( see docs for explanations).
>
>     The behavior is similar to that of the loadbalancer module for
> consistency. Check the docs if you need more information :
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html.
>
>     Hope you find it useful,
>     Andrei.

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Andrei Dragus-2
Right now you need to update your table.
I will add a change so it is possible to work with the previous version
of the database, but the default behavior will be not to ping the
gateways and in order to change this you will have to update your tables

David J. wrote:

> Sounds good, Do we need to update the DB Schema or if the column is
> missing it fails gracefully?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Andrei Dragus wrote:
>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     A new feature has been added to the drouting module that allows the
>> probing of gateways in case they become unreachable.
>>
>>     Typical usages:
>>     - if a gateway becomes unreachable it is automatically marked as
>> disabled and no messages are forwarded to it.
>>     - when it comes back online it is automatically marked as enabled
>> and it is used again.
>>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from script ( for example
>> when receiving timeouts)
>>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from MI ( for example to
>> stop all transmissions while doing maintenance of the gateway)
>>
>>     What has changed:
>>     - a new row has been added to the dr_gateways table to select
>> behavior for each gateway ( see docs for explanations).
>>
>>     The behavior is similar to that of the loadbalancer module for
>> consistency. Check the docs if you need more information :
>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html.
>>
>>     Hope you find it useful,
>>     Andrei.

Andrei Dragus
www.voice-system.ro

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

David J.-2
Where is the new schema?
Is it in the docs?

Andrei Dragus wrote:

> Right now you need to update your table.
> I will add a change so it is possible to work with the previous version
> of the database, but the default behavior will be not to ping the
> gateways and in order to change this you will have to update your tables
>
> David J. wrote:
>
>> Sounds good, Do we need to update the DB Schema or if the column is
>> missing it fails gracefully?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Andrei Dragus wrote:
>>

>>>     Hi all,
>>>
>>>     A new feature has been added to the drouting module that allows the
>>> probing of gateways in case they become unreachable.
>>>
>>>     Typical usages:
>>>     - if a gateway becomes unreachable it is automatically marked as
>>> disabled and no messages are forwarded to it.
>>>     - when it comes back online it is automatically marked as enabled
>>> and it is used again.
>>>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from script ( for example
>>> when receiving timeouts)
>>>     - the user can mark a gateway as disabled from MI ( for example to
>>> stop all transmissions while doing maintenance of the gateway)
>>>
>>>     What has changed:
>>>     - a new row has been added to the dr_gateways table to select
>>> behavior for each gateway ( see docs for explanations).
>>>
>>>     The behavior is similar to that of the loadbalancer module for
>>> consistency. Check the docs if you need more information :
>>> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html.
>>>
>>>     Hope you find it useful,
>>>     Andrei.

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Andrei Dragus-2
The schema is in trunk/db/schema/dr_gateways.xml.
The table creation scripts are in trunk/scripts.
It is also in the docs with an example in section 1.1.5.

David J. wrote:

> Where is the new schema?
> Is it in the docs?
>

> Andrei Dragus wrote:
>
>> Right now you need to update your table.
>> I will add a change so it is possible to work with the previous version
>> of the database, but the default behavior will be not to ping the
>> gateways and in order to change this you will have to update your tables
>>
>> David J. wrote:
>>

>>> Sounds good, Do we need to update the DB Schema or if the column is
>>> missing it fails gracefully?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Andrei Dragus
www.voice-system.ro

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
and the mysql format is in scripts/mysql/drouting-create.sql

Andrei Dragus wrote:

> The schema is in trunk/db/schema/dr_gateways.xml.
> The table creation scripts are in trunk/scripts.
> It is also in the docs with an example in section 1.1.5.
>
> David J. wrote:
>
>> Where is the new schema?
>> Is it in the docs?
>>

>> Andrei Dragus wrote:
>>

>>> Right now you need to update your table.
>>> I will add a change so it is possible to work with the previous version
>>> of the database, but the default behavior will be not to ping the
>>> gateways and in order to change this you will have to update your tables

www.voice-system.ro

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Andrew Pogrebennyk-3
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> and the mysql format is in scripts/mysql/drouting-create.sql

That's good news! Is there any chance of backporting this to 1.6 branch?

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
It will be as soon as it will prove its stability in trunk...

So tester are welcome :)

PS: Andrew, have you tried the CANCEL patch?

On 20.02.2010 00:41, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> It will be as soon as it will prove its stability in trunk...
>
> So tester are welcome  :)

OK cool.

> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> PS: Andrew, have you tried the CANCEL patch?

Not yet - will do this on Monday! Thank you.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

ram-2-3

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM, Andrew Pogrebennyk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bogdan,

On 20.02.2010 00:41, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> It will be as soon as it will prove its stability in trunk...
>
> So tester are welcome  :)

iam already running drouting, 1.6.X

scripts/mysql/drouting-create.sql

this sql only update the mysql table ?

to use this latest option ?

Ram

Re: [New] Probing for drouting module

Andrei Dragus-2

> scripts/mysql/drouting-create.sql
>
> this sql only update the mysql table ?
    This will only create the table. You should drop the table and
recreate or you could alter the table by hand ( so you don't lose all
the data in it) and modify the version number to 4 (in the version table).

    You need to set the value in the probe_mode column to an appropriate
value if you want to use it (see docs), the default is to be disabled.

--
Andrei Dragus
www.voice-system.ro