OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Premalatha Kuppan
Hi,

Can anyone guide me in building the Opensips and Asterisk Integration.

I want to Use OpenSIPS as SIP PROXY (i.e all transactions and dialogs should be handled by Opensips) and Asterisk to do only IVR functionality.

I appreciate if anyone can guide me in writing a routing logic from Opensips to Asterisk for IVR and futher call flow OPENSIPS to handle.

Thanks,
Prem

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Schumann Sebastian
Hi Prem

There is a good tutorial at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It does exactly what you need I assume.

For details in writing and extending basic configuration, you can find also the linked documentation there.

Best regards
Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian.

I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to route call to Asterisk.

I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or Asterisk ) ?

I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.

Any insight on this ?

Thanks,
Prem

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Schumann Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Prem

There is a good tutorial at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It does exactly what you need I assume.

For details in writing and extending basic configuration, you can find also the linked documentation there.

Best regards
Sebastian

Douglas Lane
Hi Premalatha,

Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.

Thanks
Doug

On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
Thanks Sebastian.

I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to route call to Asterisk.

I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or Asterisk ) ?

I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.

Any insight on this ?

Thanks,
Prem

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Schumann Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Prem

There is a good tutorial at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It does exactly what you need I assume.

For details in writing and extending basic configuration, you can find also the linked documentation there.

Best regards
Sebastian

Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Premalatha,

Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.

Thanks
Doug

On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
Thanks Sebastian.

I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to route call to Asterisk.

I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or Asterisk ) ?

I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.

Any insight on this ?

Thanks,
Prem

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Schumann Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Prem

There is a good tutorial at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It does exactly what you need I assume.

For details in writing and extending basic configuration, you can find also the linked documentation there.

Best regards
Sebastian

ram-2-3
I forgot the link

i did this work some time back

Lost the link, google it

Opensips+asterisk+a2b

Ram

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Premalatha Kuppan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Premalatha,

Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.

Thanks
Doug

On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
Thanks Sebastian.

I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to route call to Asterisk.

I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or Asterisk ) ?

I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.

Any insight on this ?

Thanks,
Prem

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Schumann Sebastian <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Prem

There is a good tutorial at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It does exactly what you need I assume.

For details in writing and extending basic configuration, you can find also the linked documentation there.

Best regards
Sebastian

Gabriel Bermudez
Hi,

I basically use the load_balancer module to dispatch to different
asterisk servers

on the main route block after handling auth, registrations, etc

if(db_is_user_in("Request-URI", "ccivr")) {
          xlog("The call will be redirect to calling card server");
          route(3);
}

# route for call handled by calling card servers
route[3] {
        # for INVITEs enable some additional helper routes
        if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                t_on_branch("2");
                t_on_reply("2");
                t_on_failure("1");
                if(client_nat_test("15")) {
                        nat_keepalive();

        # prepare the message for the IVR

        # select less loaded IVR
        if(!load_balance("1", "ccivr")) {
                xlog("No IVR available !!!");
                sl_send_reply("503", "Service Unavailable");
                exit;
        };

        if(!t_relay()) {
                sl_reply_error();
                exit;
        }

        exit;

}

Hope it helps

Regards,

2010/6/8 ram <[hidden email]>:

> I forgot the link
>
> i did this work some time back
>
> Lost the link, google it
>
> Opensips+asterisk+a2b
>
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Premalatha Kuppan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Premalatha,
>>>
>>> Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug
>>>

>>> On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sebastian.
>>>
>>> I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to
>>> route call to Asterisk.
>>>
>>> I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated
>>> through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or
>>> Asterisk ) ?
>>>
>>> I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.
>>>
>>> Any insight on this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prem

Thanks a lot.

I have one question. If i route the call to asterisk for IVR ( in my case ivr is to authenticate the user to access the system), who will have the control, meaning who will maintian all the transactions and dailog. Is it opensips/Asterisk ?

Thanks,
Prem

2010/6/8 ram <[hidden email]>:
> I forgot the link

> i did this work some time back
>
> Lost the link, google it
>
> Opensips+asterisk+a2b
>
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Premalatha Kuppan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Premalatha,
>>>
>>> Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug
>>>

>>> On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sebastian.
>>>
>>> I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to
>>> route call to Asterisk.
>>>
>>> I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated
>>> through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or
>>> Asterisk ) ?
>>>
>>> I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.
>>>
>>> Any insight on this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prem

depends on the design

you can have one point of authenticaion and transaction

Ram

2010/6/8 ram <[hidden email]>:
> I forgot the link

> i did this work some time back
>
> Lost the link, google it
>
> Opensips+asterisk+a2b
>
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Premalatha Kuppan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Premalatha,
>>>
>>> Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug
>>>

>>> On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sebastian.
>>>
>>> I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to
>>> route call to Asterisk.
>>>
>>> I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated
>>> through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or
>>> Asterisk ) ?
>>>
>>> I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.
>>>
>>> Any insight on this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prem

Iam facing one more problem.

Iam running my set up on 64bit processor. Opensips and asterisk on one PC and Mysql server on seperate PC.

Iam running on RHEL enterprise version.

Problem is that, its taking more than 2 mins to connect to MySQL server when i start Opensips. Also user is not getting registered. of 10 attmept, only 1 is getting successful. But even this is not consistent.

I have increased connection_timeout in /etc/my.cnf also. But still facing the same problem.

Any insight ?

Jun  9 03:36:03 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7575]: DBG:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: opening connection: mysql://xxxx:xxxx@MySQLserver/opensips
Jun  9 03:36:03 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7576]: DBG:core:init_mod_child: type=PROC_TCP_MAIN, rank=-4, module=acc
Jun  9 03:36:03 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7576]: DBG:core:init_mod_child: type=PROC_TCP_MAIN, rank=-4, module=auth_db
Jun  9 03:36:03 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7576]: DBG:core:db_do_init: connection 0x79e858 not found in pool
Jun  9 03:36:03 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7576]: DBG:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: opening connection: mysql://xxxx:xxxx@MySQLserver/opensips
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: driver error(2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'MySQLserver' (110)
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: initial connect failed
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:core:db_do_init: could not add connection to the pool
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:auth_db:child_init: unable to connect to the database
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:core:init_mod_child: failed to initializing module auth_db, rank 3
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7567]: ERROR:core:main_loop: init_child failed for UDP listener
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: driver error(2003): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'MySQL server' (110)
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_new_connection: initial connect failed
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:core:db_do_init: could not add connection to the pool
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:usrloc:child_init: child(0): failed to connect to database
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:core:init_mod_child: failed to initializing module usrloc, rank 0
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: ERROR:core:main_loop: error in init_child for PROC_MAIN
Jun  9 03:39:12 204548-4 /usr/local/sbin/opensips[7341]: DBG:xlog:destroy: destroy module...

2010/6/8 ram <[hidden email]>:
> I forgot the link

> i did this work some time back
>
> Lost the link, google it
>
> Opensips+asterisk+a2b
>
> Ram
>
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Premalatha Kuppan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Can you pleae guide me how to do this ?
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Douglas Lane <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Premalatha,
>>>
>>> Perhaps have a look at SEMS for this.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug
>>>

>>> On 2010/06/07 12:30 PM, Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Sebastian.
>>>
>>> I have followed up this link and tried extending the opensips.cfg file to
>>> route call to Asterisk.
>>>
>>> I doubt/not clear that after IVR (meaning when the user is authenticated
>>> through IVR) who will handle all the transactions and dialog (OPENSIPS or
>>> Asterisk ) ?
>>>
>>> I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.
>>>
>>> Any insight on this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Prem

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Are you sure the DB conn params are correct (like address of myql server) ?

Also are you sure the mysql server is remotely reachable (it listens on
routable IP and there is no firewall in front)

Have you tried to connect to mysql by using directly the mysql client -
just to see if it works?

Premalatha Kuppan wrote:

> [...]
>             >>>
>             >>> I want Opensips to handle all the transactions.
>             >>>
>             >>> Any insight on this ?
>             >>>
>             >>> Thanks,
>             >>> Prem
>             >>>
>             >>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Schumann Sebastian
>             >>> <[hidden email]
>             <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>             >>>>
>             >>>> Hi Prem
>             >>>>
>             >>>> There is a good tutorial at
>             >>>> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutAsterisk It
>             does exactly what you
>             >>>> need I assume.
>             >>>>
>             >>>> For details in writing and extending basic
>             configuration, you can find
>             >>>> also the linked documentation there.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Hi Prem,

after the call is established, depends on Record Routing if OpenSIPS
will stay in the call path . But if Asterisk acts as a b2bua, it will
stay for sure.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Premalatha Kuppan
Yes, i have checked all these options. Everything is in correct status.

I doubt, connecting between vmware and with 64 bit RHEL. My set is running on vmware image. When i ping on from vmware where opensips+asterisk is running to the MySQL server vmware image, i see this problem. But when i set MySQL server on non-vmware, it works perferctly fine.

i 'll update once i figure out the reason.

Between, to route a call from OPENSIP to the destination. I need to fetch the destination details IP from MySQL DB.
Meaning,

User --------> OPENSIPS(1)--------->ASTERISK(IVR)-------------->OPENSIPS(1)----------------->Destination

Here, for authentication user enters the PIn and extension to access, if the extension is present in the DB, Asterisk(IVR) will allow the user to access it. From this from asterisk, i can make query to DB and fetch the neccessary details. Likewise is it possible to fetch the details(IP where the extension is connected and to be routed) from DB from opensips.cfg to route the call to requested destination.

Thanks,
Prem

www.voice-system.ro

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Prem,

Once asterisk did the IVR based auth, I suggest that asterisk should
route the SIP call back to OpenSIPS - and OpenSIPS will do the
lookup(location) to send the call to the callee device.

In OpenSIPS, based on source Ip, you can have 2 routing logics - if call
comes from Asterisk -> outbound routing ; if not from asterisk ->
inbound logic.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Premalatha Kuppan
Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for yor reply.

Can you brief me about the "lookup(location) to send the call to the callee device."

Here, during the IVR the user will sent the callee #, i have to fetch the corresponding IP addr of that callee from the database to route the call. From asterisk, i can do that by connecting to mysql and fetch the IP of that callee from the DB. I wonder how it can be done at opensips.

If you could help me in briefing more on "lookup(location) to send the call to the callee device" from opensips. I appreciate.

Thanks,
Prem

www.voice-system.ro

Premalatha Kuppan wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Thanks for yor reply.
>
> Can you brief me about the "lookup(location) to send the call to the
> callee device."
Please check the default opensips cfg that comes with the sources/packages.

Also listen the tutorial on the CFG -
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/Webinars#toc8

Even more, read the docs related to user location (see module "registrar").

> Here, during the IVR the user will sent the callee #, i have to fetch
> the corresponding IP addr of that callee from the database to route
> the call. From asterisk, i can do that by connecting to mysql and
> fetch the IP of that callee from the DB. I wonder how it can be done
> at opensips.
You put the same question like last time - the answer is the same - if a
device registered with OpenSIPS, OpenSIPS is the best place to send back
calls to that device - querying from Asterisk the opensips DB is a dirty
hack with a lot of potential problems.

www.voice-system.ro

Re: OPENSIPS+ASTERISK Integration

Premalatha Kuppan
Thanks Bogdan.

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Prem,

www.voice-system.ro