On the edge of a new major release

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

As the work for the new OpenSIPS major release (OpenSIPS 1.5.0), the
question is: What is new in 1.5.0, what was changed, what was enhanced ?

Now you can find the answers to all this question is this comprehensive
compilation of OpenSIPS evolution from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0:
    http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Main.Ver15x

There are some other pending contributions which are not listed there -
contributions from new OpenSIPS developers. We are still working on the
integration part.

Re: On the edge of a new major release

Alex Hermann
On Tuesday 03 February 2009 10:58:04 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Now you can find the answers to all this question is this comprehensive
> compilation of OpenSIPS evolution from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0:
>     http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Main.Ver15x

1.16  TM modulew PV
$T_ruri - the RURI of the current branch; this information is taken from the
transaction structure, so you can access this information for any sip message
(request/reply) that has a transaction.

1.20  REGISTRAR module
registered() function can be used from onreply route, branch route and local
route. NOTE: if used from onreply route it is mandatory to pass as parameter
an AOR (as replies do not have RURI).

Can't the above features be combined to lift the mentioned limitation for the
AOR in onreply_route.
--
Alex Hermann

Re: On the edge of a new major release

Schumann Sebastian
Hi Alex

AOR is used to pass *any* AOR as parameter to the registered function for a check. It does not necessarily have something to do with the transaction.

Sebastian

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 10:58:04 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Now you can find the answers to all this question is this comprehensive
> compilation of OpenSIPS evolution from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0:
>     http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Main.Ver15x

1.16  TM modulew PV
$T_ruri - the RURI of the current branch; this information is taken from the
transaction structure, so you can access this information for any sip message
(request/reply) that has a transaction.

1.20  REGISTRAR module
registered() function can be used from onreply route, branch route and local
route. NOTE: if used from onreply route it is mandatory to pass as parameter
an AOR (as replies do not have RURI).

Can't the above features be combined to lift the mentioned limitation for the
AOR in onreply_route.
--
Alex Hermann

Re: On the edge of a new major release

Hi Alex,

You mean, if no AOR pushed from script, to use the RURI of the branch?
it will be interesting, but it will create unwanted dependences between
the REGISTER and TM module. More or less, the REGISTER module will
depend on TM and we shouldn't do that. But you can simply do:
    if ( registered("location","$T_ruri") )

Alex Hermann wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 10:58:04 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Now you can find the answers to all this question is this comprehensive
>> compilation of OpenSIPS evolution from 1.4.0 to 1.5.0:
>>     http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Main.Ver15x
>>

> 1.16  TM modulew PV
> $T_ruri - the RURI of the current branch; this information is taken from the
> transaction structure, so you can access this information for any sip message
> (request/reply) that has a transaction.
>
> 1.20  REGISTRAR module
> registered() function can be used from onreply route, branch route and local
> route. NOTE: if used from onreply route it is mandatory to pass as parameter
> an AOR (as replies do not have RURI).
>

> Can't the above features be combined to lift the mentioned limitation for the
> AOR in onreply_route.

Re: On the edge of a new major release

Schumann Sebastian
Hi Alex, Bogdan

I think it might also be out of context - only use this parameter to make AOR not mandatory in ONREPLY_ROUTE.

As example, I wanna explain the case I use the function: I check in the request of the caller is registered (could do that like before AOR already) and in the reply the same check for the callee. I think the context in checking the caller (that the $T_ruri contains) by default in the reply might not be justified and throwing an error for that case might be the better choice. Just thought about it on my particular case, maybe there are other opinions out there...

Best regards
Sebastian

On Wednesday 04 February 2009, you wrote:
> You mean, if no AOR pushed from script, to use the RURI of the branch?
> it will be interesting, but it will create unwanted dependences between
> the REGISTER and TM module.

I meant that if TM is available, the default AOR could be taken from the
transaction.

Alex.