[Open-sips]: Problem in message body of Notify

[Open-sips]: Problem in message body of Notify

Shefali Dutta

Hi,

   Open-sips is send Notify with MIME message body which seems to be incorrect as per RFC.

According to RFC 2046:

“The boundary delimiter MUST occur at the beginning of a line, i.e.,
   following a CRLF, and the initial CRLF is considered to be attached
   to the boundary delimiter line rather than part of the preceding
   part.  The boundary may be followed by zero or more characters of
   linear whitespace. It is then terminated by either another CRLF and
   the header fields for the next part, or by two CRLFs, in which case
   there are no header fields for the next part.  If no Content-Type
   field is present it is assumed to be "message/rfc822" in a
   "multipart/digest" and "text/plain" otherwise.”

Open-sips is sending an extra CRLF after the boundary between different message bodies as a result, MIME headers are also assumed to be part of the body by the parser.
Here is the message dump of Notify:

NOTIFY sip:prince@172.16.107.44;transport=udp SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.16.107.83;branch=z9hG4bK4bc1.29ea1ec.0

To: sip:prince@172.16.107.83;tag=ICF_808806399-18528

From: sip:group1@172.16.107.83;tag=10.8289.1245842000.392

CSeq: 2 NOTIFY

Call-ID: 808806272-18528@172.16.107.44

Max-Forwards: 70

Event: presence

Contact: <sip:172.16.107.83:5060>

Subscription-State: active;expires=7196

Require: eventlist

--4wUh1TIgBYw5MoUErujY6lh5

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<list uri="sip:group1@172.16.107.83" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:rlmi" version="2" fullState="false">

  <resource uri="sip:pranjal@172.16.107.83">

    <instance id="icDW4oK5" state="active" cid="1245842004.sip:pranjal@172.16.107.83.596516649"/>

  </resource>

</list>

--4wUh1TIgBYw5MoUErujY6lh5

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf" xmlns:dm="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model" xmlns:rpid="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:rpid" xmlns:c="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:cipid" entity="sip:pranjal@172.16.107.83">

  <tuple id="ta50c070a">

    <status>

      <basic>open</basic>

    </status>

  </tuple>

  <dm:person id="pd918ed19">

    <rpid:activities>

      <rpid:unknown/>

    </rpid:activities>

    <dm:note>Available</dm:note>

  </dm:person>

</presence>

--4wUh1TIgBYw5MoUErujY6lh5--

Is there any patch available for this problem in opensips.

Rgds,

Shefali

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."

Re: [Open-sips]: Problem in message body of Notify

Anca Vamanu-2
Hi Shefali,

I checked also and you are right. I have fixed this in trunk, 1.5.x and
1.4.x svn branch.

Thanks and regards,
Anca