OpenSER+Asterisk+BLF

Mark Sayer
We are needing to modify the configure of a currently operating
OpenSER to properly relay the SUBSCRIBE and SIP-NOTIFY messages that
are sent between Asterisk and a phone that supports BLF (like the
Snom 300 or Yealink T26). Our setup includes an OpenSER 1.2 &
Asterisk 1.4.17 in the same box. OpenSER performs all registration,
authentication and NAT. Asterisk handles the media and the accounting.

In a pure Asterisk environment a "hint" would be setup in the
Asterisk extensions.conf file and the phone (UA) would SUBSCRIBE to
that HINT. Once Asterisk has registered that UA to the HINT then it
sends SIP-NOTIFY messages to the UA as the status of the channel
changes (available, ringing, busy).

Our current openser.cfg file makes no mention of either SUBSCRIBE or
NOTIFY which is an obvious reason that my Asterisk installation never
registers the UA to the HINT.

Is anyone interested in getting paid to fix this for us (we're too
stupid to do it ourselves) or to offer another solution for
controlling BLF in this setup.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: OpenSER+Asterisk+BLF

vallimamod abdullah
Hi Mark,

On Sunday7Mar, 2010, at 1:21 AM, Mark Sayer wrote:

> We are needing to modify the configure of a currently operating
> OpenSER to properly relay the SUBSCRIBE and SIP-NOTIFY messages that
> are sent between Asterisk and a phone that supports BLF (like the
> Snom 300 or Yealink T26). Our setup includes an OpenSER 1.2 &
> Asterisk 1.4.17 in the same box. OpenSER performs all registration,
> authentication and NAT. Asterisk handles the media and the accounting.

I am facing the exact same issue on my platform. The only solution I
have found is to upgrade to opensips 1.6 and implement the presence on
the proxy. AFAIK asterisk can't handle presence for devices not
directly registered to it.

BTW, the config migration from 1.2 to 1.6 was less complicated than I
feared...

Regards,
- vma
.

Re: OpenSER+Asterisk+BLF

Mark Sayer
All right I'm convinced and have started the migration from OpenSER
1.2 to OpenSIPS 1.6. Can anyone point me to list of database changes
between these two? I've gotten 1.6 to run right out of the can which
is nice and the config file differences don't look too bad. VMA - I
might get back to you with any problems as you've done this recently.

Mark

At 02:28 a.m. 09/03/2010, you wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>
>On Sunday7Mar, 2010, at 1:21 AM, Mark Sayer wrote:
>
> > We are needing to modify the configure of a currently operating
> > OpenSER to properly relay the SUBSCRIBE and SIP-NOTIFY messages that
> > are sent between Asterisk and a phone that supports BLF (like the
> > Snom 300 or Yealink T26). Our setup includes an OpenSER 1.2 &
> > Asterisk 1.4.17 in the same box. OpenSER performs all registration,
> > authentication and NAT. Asterisk handles the media and the accounting.
>
>I am facing the exact same issue on my platform. The only solution I
>have found is to upgrade to opensips 1.6 and implement the presence on
>the proxy. AFAIK asterisk can't handle presence for devices not
>directly registered to it.
>
>BTW, the config migration from 1.2 to 1.6 was less complicated than I
>feared...
>
>Regards,
>- vma
>.

Re: OpenSER+Asterisk+BLF

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
Hi Mark,

You have here docs on migration (step by step, from version to version):
       http://www.opensips.org/Main/Releases

Also the 1.6 db is described here:
       http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/db/db-schema-1.6.x.html

www.voice-system.ro