OpenSIPS 1.4.3

There were a lot of heavy work on fixing many problems on the 1.4 branch
and the plan is to have a new minor release - 1.4.3 - in the next days.

Please let me know if there any major bug reports that needs to be
addressed before this.

Thanks and regards,

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Great !

This is not about opensips daemon, but maybe its useful.
Can you change 'opensipsctl restart' by starting opensips even if there
is no opensips to stop ?

Thanks

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There were a lot of heavy work on fixing many problems on the 1.4 branch
> and the plan is to have a new minor release - 1.4.3 - in the next days.
>
> Please let me know if there any major bug reports that needs to be
> addressed before this.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Bogdan

Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Sergio Gutierrez

Hello Giuseppe.

Maybe you could post a Feature Request on tracker. By the way, do you need this behaviour for a particular situation?

Regards.

Sergio G.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There were a lot of heavy work on fixing many problems on the 1.4 branch
> and the plan is to have a new minor release - 1.4.3 - in the next days.
>
> Please let me know if there any major bug reports that needs to be
> addressed before this.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Bogdan

Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Sergio Gutiérrez

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Brett Nemeroff
only time I need something like this is to reLOAD a configuration.
Which I think is more useful than a restart.

If you do a reload, I think it should only happen if the config passes
the syntax checks (like -c)
My $0.02!

-Brett

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Giuseppe.
>
> Maybe you could post a Feature Request on tracker. By the way, do you need
> this behaviour for a particular situation?
>
> Regards.
>
> Sergio G.
>

> On 12/4/08, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Great !
>>
>> This is not about opensips daemon, but maybe its useful.
>> Can you change 'opensipsctl restart' by starting opensips even if there
>> is no opensips to stop ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There were a lot of heavy work on fixing many problems on the 1.4 branch
>> > and the plan is to have a new minor release - 1.4.3 - in the next days.
>> >
>> > Please let me know if there any major bug reports that needs to be
>> > addressed before this.
>> >
>> > Thanks and regards,
>> > Bogdan

>> --
>> Giuseppe Roberti
>> <[hidden email]>

> Sergio Gutiérrez

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Joan-2-2
2008/12/5 Brett Nemeroff <[hidden email]>:
> only time I need something like this is to reLOAD a configuration.
> Which I think is more useful than a restart.
>
> If you do a reload, I think it should only happen if the config passes
> the syntax checks (like -c)
> My $0.02!
>
> -Brett
Totally agree, having a reload of the configuration would be
fantastic, having to destroy all the calls, just to change a simple
route condition is a pain.
Also, it would help me to debug the problem I'm having whenever I
restart, (no phone can be registered until I reboot the whole system).

Regards,

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Sergio Gutierrez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Giuseppe.
>>
>> Maybe you could post a Feature Request on tracker. By the way, do you need
>> this behaviour for a particular situation?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Sergio G.
>>

>> On 12/4/08, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great !
>>>
>>> This is not about opensips daemon, but maybe its useful.
>>> Can you change 'opensipsctl restart' by starting opensips even if there
>>> is no opensips to stop ?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Giuseppe Roberti
>>> <[hidden email]>

>> --
>> Sergio Gutiérrez

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Hi Sergio.

You would be able to use opensipsctl restart also for starting opensips
even if it is not started (for example, because previous restart have
failed due to configuration error), like with /etc/init.d scripts.

Regards.

Sergio Gutierrez wrote:

> Hello Giuseppe.
>
> Maybe you could post a Feature Request on tracker. By the way, do you need
> this behaviour for a particular situation?
>
> Regards.
>
> Sergio G.
>

> On 12/4/08, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Great !
>>
>> This is not about opensips daemon, but maybe its useful.
>> Can you change 'opensipsctl restart' by starting opensips even if there
>> is no opensips to stop ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There were a lot of heavy work on fixing many problems on the 1.4 branch
>>> and the plan is to have a new minor release - 1.4.3 - in the next days.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if there any major bug reports that needs to be
>>> addressed before this.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Bogdan

>> --
>> Giuseppe Roberti
>> <[hidden email]>

Giuseppe Roberti
<[hidden email]>

Re: OpenSIPS 1.4.3

Giuseppe Roberti-3
Sorry. I'm saying "i would be able", not you ;)

Giuseppe Roberti wrote:

> Hi Sergio.
>
> You would be able to use opensipsctl restart also for starting opensips
> even if it is not started (for example, because previous restart have
> failed due to configuration error), like with /etc/init.d scripts.
>
> Regards.
>
> Sergio Gutierrez wrote:
>> Hello Giuseppe.
>>
>> Maybe you could post a Feature Request on tracker. By the way, do you need
>> this behaviour for a particular situation?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Sergio G.
>>

>> On 12/4/08, Giuseppe Roberti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Great !
>>>
>>> This is not about opensips daemon, but maybe its useful.
>>> Can you change 'opensipsctl restart' by starting opensips even if there
>>> is no opensips to stop ?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Giuseppe Roberti